please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 11:03

Because this animal is a wild endangered species ,and though I feel for the family and send my heartfelt condolences .
This animal should be protected by us.

2015-09-20 11:08

Although I am extremely sorry that the keeper was killed by the tiger, he was just being a tiger, we keep these animals in captivity to save them from extinction.

2015-09-20 11:11

tiger done nothing wrong why kill it the tiger is wild let the tiger live please!!!

2015-09-20 11:16

I signed this petition because a tiger is a wild animal. It has been held in a zoo, but it's not something that can be tamed and shouldn't be put down for down for doing something tigers do in the wild all the time. I'm sad for the loss of the zoo keeper but it's a risk you take when working with wild animals

2015-09-20 11:19

Because Oz is an animal & no one knows what was going through his head.

2015-09-20 12:02

My thoughts go out to her family for their loss and no one will truly know what happened today but we give fair trial to human beings every day who commit crimes against nature! The loss of her life really is horrible I understand that but Oz does not have a voice and can not tell you his side on what happened. There are so little left of these beautiful creatures and do you think it really would be the zoo keepers wish for him to lose his life as well!

2015-09-20 13:54

Put my tone towards a voice of many people who will speak up for all and any Animals that face an unjustified or/and uncertain future ,through no fault of their own

2015-09-20 17:54

This is a animal of the wild thats been kept from extinction, he was merely being himself, what tigers do, please dont put him down, rather have a safer approach at cleaning ther enclosures, please keep him alive, condolences to the keepers family, but at least she died doing what she loves, just a pitty about the circumstances

2015-09-20 17:58

These animals are in captivity and should not be put down for carrying out what is in their nature. It is terribly sad what happened to the lady and I am sorry for the loss to her family but these animals are born to hunt and kill. We need to learn from these unfortunate incidents.

2015-09-20 18:00

The incident was a very very sad tragedy, but one that could have also happened in the wild. My hope is that one day wild animals will no longer be caged & kept for human entertainment while at the same time still be saved from extinction through breeding programs in the least most restrictive way.

2015-09-20 18:06

My condolences to the keepers family and thoughts with everyone at the zoo....but Oz is a wild animal and only acting on instinct. He shouldn't be put down for this, rather the zoo should make changes so the tigers are not with the keepers when they are focused on cleaning. 

2015-09-20 18:17

There are rules to follow to keep zoo keepers safe. It is up to the zoo to make certain those rules are followed. The animals are not responsible for mistakes made by their keepers.

2015-09-20 18:22

please don't put this beautiful creature down. I feel the zoo keeper that lost her life would not want this also! The tiger was just acting on its instinct when the zoo keeper , for whatever reason, let her guard down! God bless the zoo keeper and may she RIP..warmest condolences to her family and colleagues.

2015-09-20 18:27

Always a sad day for the family and staff but unfortunately the risks are real and we make decisions to keep captive animals who are not in the wrong.

2015-09-20 18:29

Because the tiger is an endangered species and it's a wild animal whether it's in Africa or in a zoo. It was doing what's natural and maybe even protecting his patch. It would be so sad if he was put to sleep for doing what's natural to him and protecting his ground.

2015-09-20 18:33

Tiger doing only what tigers do when you're in their territory! They are in small enclosures (compared to the wild) and prefer to be hidden and solitary. Endangered species! and NZ has a shocking track record for preserving our own endangered species, so at least step up to the mark on this one please.

2015-09-20 18:33

Heartfelt condolences to Samantha's family at this sad time. Oz is a wild animal so should be released back into the wild rather than be euthanised simply because he wasn't tame.

2015-09-20 18:34

Tiger's are kept in captivity to save them for extinction. Killing one because it did what is in its nature to do makes a mockery of the entire notion.

2015-09-20 18:38

To save the Tiger of course. They are endangered.

2015-09-20 18:40

These beautiful creatures need to be treated with care and respect, I sincerely hope they do not put this big cat down. By nature they are a wild beast and if we choose to keep them in captivity we need to keep them safe from the negligence of people. If the zoo keeper was killed by him she had put herself in that position - he couldn't open the enclosure door by himself. Sorry if this view upsets anyone, but it's true. And I'm sorry that young lady lost her life, but he was doing what tigers do.

2015-09-20 18:49

I dont believe that an endangered animal shld b put dwn for acting as he shld b its in the tigers nature. If u waant 2 look after wild animals expect thngs like this 2 happen.

2015-09-20 18:51

This is a very beautiful animal, and as such is an animal in the way they behave and act. Please don't destroy just because it was being what it is.

2015-09-20 18:52

The tiger is a wild animal, we shouldn't be trying to keep them as pets.

2015-09-20 18:56

It is not the Tiger's fault, it is a wild endangered animal. It is very sad and unfortunate what has happened, but the Keepers know the risks involved working with wild animals. Please do not put him down!!!!!

2015-09-20 19:07

Sumatran tigers are critically endangered and have suffered terribly at the hands of people. I believe his keeper would not have wanted him to die for this.