Accessible Theatre2017 Conference

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Accessible Theatre2017 Conference.

Delegate

#1 misguided

2016-05-14 13:31

What a load of self righteousness. Have you ever organised a conference?? Idiots 

Camilla

#2 Re: misguided

2016-05-16 08:53

#1: Delegate - misguided  

Thanks for your feedback. I (@Camillarts) have organised a 700 person community festival (so about the same size as this, but over 5 days with full board) where attendees have extremely strong feelings about how it is run, and how the organisers represent them. Attendees also come from all over the world.

As the facilitator of this particular gathering of voices I care that the future of this conference is well recieved by everyone in the industry which means bringing the outside opinions in. 

I certainly have no wish to denigrate the hard work that has gone into #Theatre2016, it was a great event and a great start - but we need to make sure if its vision is to be THE conference for the industry that the industry feel that way too. 

To achieve that we need to transmute frustrated tweets into people willing to have a discussion. 

The number of people who are up for that I'm sure will dictate how listened to that discussion is.

If the aim of #Theatre2017 is not to be THE conference for the industry, then fair-enough, but I personally think that would be a shame.