NO PETS IN MARLOTH PARK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition NO PETS IN MARLOTH PARK.

2016-07-24 10:53

Thanks for this initiative to take action. Its long overdue

2016-07-24 10:54

No pets should be allowed in Marloth at all.

2016-07-24 10:59

I dont want pets to carry diseases and other problems to our wildlife.

2016-07-24 11:00

For the survival of our wildlife. This is a conservancy and one of the bylaws in the title deeds

2016-07-24 11:25

I love Marloth Park for it's wild animals and do not wish to hear barking dogs or see domestic cats hunting, within it. The law is clear, enforce it please.
Ruud

2016-07-24 11:32

There are enough problems in SA. Why a little bit destroy Marloth Park also by keeping pets who are alien in the bush. Have some respect. Otherwise go and live in Komatipoort. 

Besides, you want your property value to remain it's worth? Keep Marloth special!

2016-07-24 11:42

People who love wildlife and the conservation of it should fully realise that to become resident in such a wildlife area, it is ESSENTIAL to forfeit the pleasure of their domestic pets. Otherwise, REMAIN LIVING WHERE YOU ARE!! You are not welcome at Marloth Park.

2016-07-24 11:51

I have spent my life savings to own property in this little piece of heaven called Marloth Park. The wildlife therein need total protection from any diseases, or such, carried by domestic animals. Also the last thing I wish to hear shattering the peace of this paradise is a BARKING DOG or a hunting cat endangering the precious bird life! Stay away you pet owners who don't give a damn!!

2016-07-24 13:27

I feel that its dangerous to wild life. Cats in particular can breed with the african wild cat. Diseases from domestic animals can infect those wild animals living in Marloth Park and also KNP.

2016-07-24 15:36

As much as we all love our pets, Marloth Park is not the place for dogs and cats. It is not the animals fault, it the totally inconsiderate owners who should equally be removed and banned form Marloth Park for disobeying the rules.

2016-07-24 17:19

The area concerned is a wild life conservancy and domestic animals can bread with the wild animals creating another type of hybrid not wanted in the Parks.

2016-07-24 17:26

We bought our property because we were surrounded by wildlife and were assured that as such no pets would allowed. We try to escape the city life where we hear dogs barking every day to come to Marloth Park as a place of tranquility in natural surrundings, which is now being destroyed be recreating the city here with pets, outside lights, etc.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-07-24 18:18

2016-07-25 05:13

Allowing pets will turn Marlothpark into a normal residential area with irritating barking and unwanted visits from house cats! The reason I moved to Marlothpark was to get rid of these irritations, for ever.
Pets are a nuisance for our animals, not to mention the threat of disease spreading!
Definitely NO pets!!!

2016-07-25 05:38

It is a risk to all animals currently in the park, there is already stress on the animals currently and house pets just put more stress on the animals to wander freely because as a pet the dogs will bark and the serenity of the park will no longer be.

#41 Re:

2016-07-25 05:40

#26: -  

if i can hear any dog close to me where my house is in Marloth park ill drive to that house and give that dog poison!!

2016-07-25 05:58

hou jou brak by jou huis in die stad,die bos is om te relax en om uit
die gejaagde lewe van die stad te kom dan wil n mens nie karre,brakke en lawaai bekke hoor nie.ek dink Marloth park het lank genoeg mense se nonsense gevat.dis tyt om strenger op te tree Marloth park.ek kry die ou se brak jammer wat n brak naby my sal he.

2016-07-25 06:43

This is a nature conservation. Domestic pets poses a health risk to wildlife! People with pets in Marloth should start respecting the rules of Marloth park!! NO PETS ALLOWED!!!!!!!

2016-07-25 08:09

As an owner, I invested into Marloth Park as a keen nature lover and see my investment as a part of the wild African experience. I too love my pets, but we leave them at our fulltime residence in Gauteng when visiting Marloth.

2016-07-25 08:27

I've signed the petition for 2 reasons.
1. Its not good for our wild animals to be exposed to house animals
2. Its against the bylaws for Marloth Park. Its time we start obeying the bylaws. If 1 person can have animals why must I get rid of my animals when we move there in 2 years time? ... but we are moving there because it is a conservation area and we like living between the wild animals therefor we cant take our domestic animals there. We living on a farm in Swaziland and our last Rotweiler died last year by a snouted cobra. We could not start with new puppies as we know we are moving to Marloth soon. Therefor I am "renting" 2 dogs from friends so I know the dogs will have homes when we leave...we had to plan ahead why can others then just ignore the rules..

2016-07-25 10:05

It is not rocket science - it is A NATURE RESERVE. Domestic animals are NEVER allowed in any Nature Reserves - due to not only the fact that there is always the possibility of cross-breeding - but also the nuisance factor for people who enjoys the wild. Enough of Marloth Park's original plans were compromised - and ignored by the Powers that Be - for this to be allowed as well. Giving in bit by bit - has resulted in Marloth Park's decline. The park is not even RECOGNIZABLE for us who have had property there for many years. In fact - we do not even go there anymore... for this precise reason.

2016-07-25 10:28

The game is why we bought in Marloth. Pets are noisy, disruptive and need fencing, none of which we need.

2016-07-25 10:33

Because I believe that no dogs should be allowed in any nature reserve thank you

2016-07-25 10:59

Marloth Park is a wildlife sanctuary, for the purpose and beauty there off, not to be spoiled by domestic animals that would scare out wildlife away, but the noise pollution by dogs, and the inbreeding of domestic cats with our African Wildcat species. If you want to keep domestic animals, please do us a favour and go live in the city!! Thank you, Arthur Maker.

2016-07-25 11:05

Gave my comment already, Marloth Park needs much stricter control on all their laws, from domestic animals, to building regulations. If they don't want to adhere, there contract to be terminated.