Mount Vernon Elected Officials Adhere to the City Charter

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Mount Vernon Elected Officials Adhere to the City Charter.

2016-07-28 11:04

Mount Vernon Elected Officials (Mayor, Comptroller & Council Members) please adhere to the City Charter (the Law) because each of you were elected by the residents to be the leaders to represent and protect all the residents of our great City of Mount Vernon.

Elected officials are not exempt from abiding by the law; every resident is expected to adhere to the Mount Vernon City Charter.

Leaders, please lead with INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY.

2016-08-01 03:31

This mayor seems to have no limits on what he is eager to do for himself against the greater good.

2016-08-01 10:33

It's about time the people stepped up, sad thing is very few are responding, but continue to complain about the conditions of the city, SMH!!!
concerned citizen

#4 Re:

2016-08-01 10:34

#1: -  

AGREED!

2016-08-01 14:22

As a property owner and part-time resident of Mt. Vernon, I am appalled that such travesty as outlined in the petition should be tolerated for any amount of time and urge the Council to take immediate action to rectify the breaches.
loser jones

#6 Re:

2016-08-10 03:47

#1: -  I guess Damon Jones failed againt to cover for Wallace. Wallace was caught and he is done he cheated men and many men and companies from wages they earned

2016-08-11 02:54

If the allegations made in the petition are true, we the people have an obligation to ensure that the rule of law remains intact. We must remember the basis for the Revolutionary War, and why people were willing to give their lives for the sake of political freedom and democracy. If we allow a mayor or any other city official to thumb his/her nose at a subpoena, then we have allowed the enemy of democracy to creep into the lives of the citizens of Mount Vernon. We will also have created a slipper slope upon which he very foundation of checks and balances in government collapses into the sea of tyranny.
John Longer

#8 Re: Re:

2016-08-15 00:07

#6: loser jones - Re:  

Hey Joe Spiezio I guess you still trying to rob the people of Mt. Vernon for Health Care

2016-08-16 06:43

PEOPLE before PROFIT!!!