Sandown Petition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Sandown Petition.

2016-10-24 04:53

I signed this petition because the Sandown development, like the Gateway project, would disembowel the viability of Sidney businesses.

2016-10-24 20:20

The scale of Sandown, if retail is indeed needed, should be more like a local village centre serving primarily local residents. Unfortunately the Sandown site is remote from its market area and may not therefore be a successful retail complex

2016-10-24 20:38

This is the totally wrong use for this land. We don't need any big box stores on the penisula. If this land Is to be developed, why not build workforce housing.

2016-10-25 20:48

I recently moved to North Saanich after 42 years living in central Vancouver. I moved here to be part of a thriving food-producing community, with neighbours who are industrious and capable, with commerciaIism at the fringes, and with children who play outdoors. So far, I am utterly pleased to find all the above true-- plus a lovely town where (almost unbelievably) the locally owned shops supply virtually all my shopping needs.
Big box stores are convenient, cheap, and utterly destroy everything that I most value. North Saanich is an absolute jewel. Please help to support and foster what is already wonderful about North Sidney in the Sandown development (local food production, local food processing, local art) and DO NOT BRING IN BIG BOX STORES.

2016-10-26 15:39

Sidney is a special gem. The turnover of the stores in Sidney is too high already. The proposed airport mall and the development of the Sandown race track will devastate and ruin the small businesses in Sidney.

2016-10-26 19:28

Do not want any large retail development....let us have Sidney as our retail community
Thx
MS

2016-10-27 02:04

This proposed project makes no economic, environmental, or socio-political sense. We should be supporting Sidney businesses rather than create more big box stores within our community. This is not 'development' but degradation of land, and an inexcusable alteration of a quiet community that does not need or want it. 

2016-10-27 03:30

Because I think this is a very important issue for N Saanich and that we need to protect the feel and nature of our community. The airport and ferry stations are enough busy places without drawing people in for big store shopping experiences!

2016-10-27 07:11

I believe in small merchants for the vitality of Sidney's downtown.

2016-10-31 04:45

I believe that the rural nature of North Saanich should be preserved and that this development would dramatically change the character and landscape of North Saanich. No box stores, please, of any size.

2016-11-04 04:21

Our family has owned land and a cottage in North Saanich since 1937. We love the countryside, the farmland and rural ambience of the area. Development has unfortunately increased in recent years but the threat of shopping malls on farmland takes development to a whole new level and will change the character of the region forever. this must be stopped.
Michelle

2016-11-27 16:34

Big box stores destroy the beauty of small towns.  Give money to local farmers, craftsmen and businesses, not big box stores.