Support of the Jordan Cove Liquefied Natural Gas Export Terminal

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support of the Jordan Cove Liquefied Natural Gas Export Terminal.

Robbed...

#1 local 36 thieves

2014-01-18 21:33

This work should not be given to Local 36. they are openly robbing the workers in this local for the amount of $165 a week just to work a 40 hr work week. That is $660 a month in dues that come out of a journey level workers check. The union business agents hide and mask through special verb-age where this outlandish dues amount goes. they are not up front about it at all and they know that the average worker is under educated and really has nothing else to rely on for income. "what they really due with this money is dole it out back to the employers so that the employers can continue to keep the work unionized and out of the hands of the non union heat and frost employers". local 36 employers are also corrupt and the only thing they hand out freely is nepotism and a lack of a 40 hr a week paycheck. I am not a disgruntled worker as i no longer am in this trade, I am openly speaking the truth.
Proud Local 36 member

#2 Re: local 36 thieves

2014-01-22 21:10

#1: Robbed... - local 36 thieves

Not disgruntled? Hmmmm, seems you just had diarrhea of the mouth that proves otherwise.  But you are right on one thing,  You are not educated.  Because if you were or had attended union meetings or looked at every salary declaration page the union provides, you would have been fully aware of the dues, we as members, CHOOSE to pay.  As a smaller body of unionized workers, compared to other construction trades, we pay higher dues to cover costs.  It's simple math, really.  200 members compared to 1500-5000 IBEW or UA members?  Come on, be real.  In the words of Richard Sherman, "You mad, Bro?".  Don't be.  I hope you have found a good paying job and are living blissfully.  And, we will continue working, educating, and fighting for union members and their families across our state to provide a liveable wage and safe working conditions that so many of us need.  God speed

2014-09-21 19:42

John Coons

2015-03-12 00:14

Oregon needs this in a bad way. Especially coos bay and the people it would employ.