Stop the Gun Range at Rocksberg! Sign this Petition!

/ #7

2013-10-10 04:42

attaching my letter to council as well:

RE: OBJECTION – APPLICATION NO. DA/27511/2013/V2Q
PROPOSED FIRING RANGE - ROCKSBERG

We wish to object in the strongest possible terms concerning the above application.

We have lived at Ocean View for six years. We bought our home because of its peaceful amenity. In recent years we have been disturbed, particularly at weekends by gunfire. It is loud and intrusive. Initially we thought it was associated with the quarry.

There can be no doubt that should Council proceed to approve this firing range at Rocksberg it will be very detrimental as well as hazardous for the residents of Ocean View, as well as surrounding properties in Rocksberg. Apart from the obvious increase in the noise of gunfire, because it will be registered as a firing range it will be unceasing and devastating to our enjoyment of peaceful amenity.

Council would need to be mindful of the very real risks posed by having the shooting range directing fire into the D’Aguilar Range. This puts Ocean View into direct line of fire for stray bullets and just shouldn’t be countenanced. I was present at a similar firing range which was developed in New England – the result was a very irate farmer whose home and buildings were peppered with gun shots.

Rocksberg and Ocean View are designated as residential areas and having a firing range approved in conjunction with a residential area just doesn’t make sense. I would hope that this isn’t going to be another ‘pink bats’ fiasco, when lives are lost because people fail to make proper decision and recognize real risks.

Jason and Angela Blomfield
PH: 3425 3835