Telkom Service Delivery

/ #4

2013-11-26 17:10

Nearly 2 years of the worst ADSL service imaginable.

It has come to a point where often times Telkom just resets my complaint to "Solved" first thing in the morning not even bothering to look.

The complaint options on the online report system does not provide the correct fault description terminology so they simply don't even get what the hell is going on, for example I have no way to explain that a part of my problem is that if I lift the receiver of the hook my ADSL dies immediately, one Telkom guy even suggested I solve it with a Pots filter, which I have a drawer full of by now. :), or that I suffer from extremely degraded throughput rates, the descriptions are basically useless, and no one wants to know anyway.

The local DSLAM has a faulty port that I keep landing on, I deduced this because they had me running at a solid 2Mbps for nearly 5 months with no glitches, but then I assume someone else complained hard enough, or maybe has a contact in Telkom so our ports were switched, boom dead in the water, erratic and degraded speeds as per usual.

Meantime every few times I log a fault report I have someone phoning out of the blue to tell me my PC is broken and they must now help me fix it,... another favourite is someone phones me to try to sell me shares, very eerie.