Telkom Service Delivery

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Telkom Service Delivery.

2013-11-25 11:34

9 Months of no service. Completely unstable line.

2013-11-26 08:31

Why can't we just have proper competition here in SA. The (dis)service by telkom is absurd.

#3 #3

2013-11-26 12:06

My line is totally unstable. Isn't it fantastic that they upgrade my line for free and for the same price I paid for my previous line but I can't operate on it since the line can't cope. I happen to know my whole area is over-subscribed with not one free port available. I spend at least 8 - 14 hours a month trying to sort out my line. My line goes completely down for a day or 2 at a time maybe twice a month. We've had a fault open since April and their own technicians say they can only fix the problem so much but the line has to be replaced and the board. My ISP can only do so much but their hands are tied. I resent having to pay for a service that is not delivered. My clients would simply not pay me if I gave them the same product. There are no other options available either.

2013-11-26 17:10

Nearly 2 years of the worst ADSL service imaginable.

It has come to a point where often times Telkom just resets my complaint to "Solved" first thing in the morning not even bothering to look.

The complaint options on the online report system does not provide the correct fault description terminology so they simply don't even get what the hell is going on, for example I have no way to explain that a part of my problem is that if I lift the receiver of the hook my ADSL dies immediately, one Telkom guy even suggested I solve it with a Pots filter, which I have a drawer full of by now. :), or that I suffer from extremely degraded throughput rates, the descriptions are basically useless, and no one wants to know anyway.

The local DSLAM has a faulty port that I keep landing on, I deduced this because they had me running at a solid 2Mbps for nearly 5 months with no glitches, but then I assume someone else complained hard enough, or maybe has a contact in Telkom so our ports were switched, boom dead in the water, erratic and degraded speeds as per usual.

Meantime every few times I log a fault report I have someone phoning out of the blue to tell me my PC is broken and they must now help me fix it,... another favourite is someone phones me to try to sell me shares, very eerie.

2013-12-13 10:31

Good Afternoon Mr Maseko

Your customer service is very, very poor. After waiting for a month for a device during which I had to regularly contact your store to find out when it would be delivered, I am now billed for the entire month for a device I did not have in my possession. Like, paying for your brand new car but not driving it. Asked who is to blame, your billing department says the store, sales person. I ask them to correct the mistake, no we cannot. Again failure to deliver!

2014-04-22 19:22

It is really ridicules, the technicians of Bloem is helping out in Gauteng to solve their backlog, now the backlog is so enormous in Bloem, the technicians of Kwa-Zulu Natal is here to help with the backlog. May be the Gauteng technicians is helping in Natal. I am waiting since January 2014 for service. Three technicians tried to solve the problem without any success. We are paying for a service which Telkom cannot supply.

2016-02-16 10:17

I have had enough of telkom bad customer service and service delivery. I have had several problems that either take weeks whilst one is without a phoneline and now months with another complaint where they continue to remove funds from my account.