PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

residentwithmixedfeelings

/ #176 Better Public Transport

2014-02-14 11:13

I would like to make a proposal that would alleviate many peoples worries about an increase in traffic.

I propose that we all band together and fight for better public transport through Tunstall village/Hamlet.

Reasons for:
People (not just school users) would have access to better links with Sittingbourne town
If available at an appropriate time, could reduce the majority of traffic through the village
Better for the environment

Reasons against:
Proper, large bus stop shelters will need to be erected outside homes
Residents will have to gaze upon big blue vehicles with the possibility of loiterers around said bus shelters

As a resident it WOULD affect me, however I am undecided if the other residents would want bus shelters outside their houses any more than they would like an educational establishment. I think it really comes down to the real issue of if a solution to the traffic problem could be found, would people still resist. After all just because we own plots of land in a particular area, that doesn't entitle us to demand that the view from our windows isn't changed.

I shall wait for the backlash which I am sure will come, I'm not confident that people are able to be polite and civilised anymore.