PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY.

2014-01-28 18:31

It is wrong to build on a green belt flood plane

2014-01-28 20:02

we don't want the school moved or the 600 houses and travellers camp that the council are not advertising but we understand they wish to build to help finance the new school build.Also at the moment its a good village school for the village.

2014-01-28 20:08

see no need to extend this small village school its more than big enough for the village children to attend. Also we dont need the proposed housing estate the council plan to build behind the new proposed school to help fund it.

2014-01-28 20:13

the proposed site is completely unsutable for a new school, there is a feild behind the old one which perhaps could be used if more space is needed. but fail to see why a bigger school is needed for our small village.

2014-01-28 20:17

moved here a few years ago because its a quite area but if the council get there way and build the school and possibly the houses to go with it it will ruin tunstall. It seems to be the same old same old the only people who want it don't live here so it will not effect them.

2014-01-28 21:31

What a blot on the landscape the proposed new school would be. How can KCC consider using Agricultural land?

2014-01-28 21:55

We feel a far bigger school is unjustified in a village position,the increase in traffic would cause major problems in the area for through traffic and local residents who enjoy village life.

2014-01-29 09:45

I fully support the campaign to oppose KCC plans for a new school which will cater mainly for pupils from outside Tunstall.

2014-01-29 10:52

the school in tunstall should cater for the children tunstall ,and there is a proposal which was spoke about at the public meeting at minterne school to build a new school at great grovehusrt which is between kemsley and Iwade so building a school for more than 400 children in tunstall is wrong
The future is bright the future is Tunstall

#10 Observations

2014-01-29 12:15

Write a comment...I wonder how many of the people who have signed this petition have actually set foot in the current school recently. Are you really able to make an informed opinion if you haven't? Tunstall is a rat run for commuters. It is tiresome that parents are being blamed for the traffic. Some parents including myself walk to school! The pathway to the current school is far too narrow and totally dangerous. I welcome the new school with open arms despite living very very close to it and no doubt people may park in front of my house during school drop off and pick up times. Last time I checked, I don't own the road. Tunstall is a Church of England School educating children who live both locally and those who attend church regularly. People should not be denied an excellent education because of their post code.
WisdomIsBuiltOnFacts

#11 Re:

2014-01-29 12:18

#1: -

Please see the following link from the Daily Telegraph (Nov 2012) which clearly shows that a majority of Kent and all of Swale does not have any green belt land http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/greenpolitics/planning/9708387/Interactive-map-Englands-green-belt.html

WisdomIsBuiltOnFacts

#12 Re:

2014-01-29 12:30

#9: -

As a CofE Aided school, Tunstall School primarily serves those children living in the Ecclesiastical Parish of Tunstall (not just the village) and those qualifying by being on the Tunstall or Rodmersham Church registers, and other church registers in the local area. It is only when you get to admission criteria 9 of 9 does it open up to "those living closest to the school". See the documentation available on the School website www.tunstall.kent.sch.uk/admissions.asp

2014-01-29 16:55

Its not safe around this area no more,thses always something bad happening, all we wanna do is be safe around are areas, but we are not, I feel abit safe walking my dog around with me, and that's no lie! There is no-one protect us, but there needs to be!

2014-01-29 20:16

As a parishioner who will be directly affect by the proposed new build I fully support the development of the new school, and do not support this petition.

The new school will provide a much higher standard of facilities and therefore education for local children.

#15 Geography

2014-01-29 20:38

Looking at the statistics at 20:30 on 29/1/2014 I am intrigued to note that of 102 responses less than a quarter have declared they actually live in Tunstall. Even when you add in those who declare they live in Sittingbourne, it is still less than two thirds of the responses. I fail to see how the objections of those from such places as Boston, Kerry and Clacton on Sea can be relevant to this debate.

#16 21st Century Education

2014-01-29 22:22

As with most of the 'anti' propaganda to date, there is little reliance on fact and a lot of narrow minded opinion. The new school is very much needed - fact. Get over yourselves - opinion.

#17 Re: 21st Century Education

2014-01-30 07:24

#16: - 21st Century Education

Love the comment but that is why we are a democracy and those opposed to the School do not need to get over themselves! They are just voicing an oppinion just the same as you have done.

2014-01-30 07:34

Keep the existing school as it is. I read on Tunstall Mums facebook book page 'Tunstall School may close if we don't support the new school site.' Highly unlikely that KKC would close down a school which is performing so well! If the school has too many pupils then simply reduce the reception class intake & eventually have mixed year classes as other small village schools do. Every single school has parking issues and most of the problems are caused by parents parking inappropriately.
Choose a nickname

#19 Half size classes are they the answer?

2014-01-30 09:37

As stated by Marissa White from KCC, funding for smaller schools is increasingly difficult to secure in the current climate. Reducing the school to half classes would make the long term sustainability of the school at risk. Therefore, looking to reduce it in size is potentially a short term fix for a long term problem and does not secure the school's future. For the sake of our children and the future of Tunstall, a brand new state of the art school will secure the future long term.

2014-01-30 11:05

Have you ever thought that the reason so few on the petition are from Tunstall is because Tunstall is such a small place! The kind of place that does not need a huge community school. The people from outside Tunstall are more than happy to voice their opinion for the new school and those very few who are in favor in the village welcome their comments. Why is it so different if people from outside Tunstall voice opposition? They apparently have unjustified opinion? It is right people should not be denied a good education because of their postcode. So why be selfish and deny the areas that have expanded on the other side of Sittingbourne the opportunity to have funding for a new,good school that they could walk their children to. Why put this important funding into an area that already has numerous good vilage schools that are more than adequate to serve the locals and all those that still attend Tunstall church (after they have got their children through the admissions system)
resident

#21 PROTECT TUNSTALL

2014-01-30 12:26

We are all allowed a say on this matter and if you can, for or against you should use the right to say something. Tunstall is a small community and yes most people will be against the building of such a large developement in open countryside and on a small popular cut through road that will be forever blocked up. Why cant the local people be against such a plan, like others they have gone through hard times and have strived all their working lives to live in a semi rural environment why should this ridiculous plan be dumped upon them. The planners and KCC seem to have forgotten that when building large sprawling estates this is when schools should be built within the confines of the new housing, so that people do not have to travel. Tunstall school could easily have funds spent upon it to bring it up to spec rather than the millions required here. Whether it be a C of E , Catholic, Jewish or Muslim school we would still oppose it. Leave our Village alone!!!!

2014-01-30 18:24

What happens when people homes drop in value around the new school are they gonna get they money lose. Plus the safety of children getting to school on small road that will have more traffic on because of the school. If people let this school let this school be built if will ruin the area as a lovely village.

#23 Re:

2014-01-30 22:04

#14: -  

i assume that you will also be happy with the hundreds of homes the council are planning to build on the back of the school to help fund the build.(isn't it strange they didnt mention that at the start)

#24 Resident

2014-01-30 22:16

Where are the plans for the homes? If you look at the covenants you will find that the land can only be used for agriculture or education. New homes being built is scaremongering and based on mis truths. Two sides to every story, great. We live in a democracy, great. Base your opinions on facts not rumours.

#25 Re: Re:

2014-01-30 23:54

#23: - Re:

You sure?!?! I think you may have your facts mixed up or are listening to the false propoganda going around :)

Besides if they build loads of new homes - they'll need a bigger school (joke before anyone goes wibble)