Help get permission for Conrad to own a therapy dog in Bellamont Gardens

Special needs mom 2

/ #19

2014-05-09 23:52

Us special needs moms have to fight for the rights of our children. Others rights are just there! I have two typical children, and never had to battle for anything with them. It just comes naturally, like learning and life comes naturally for them. Then I have a little girl with Autism. You don't know the battles I had to fight already in her short four years of life! Just to be accepted, to also go to school like my other two children, just to have a fair chance at life like everyone else. If a service dog is going to help a child with autism cope better with the demands of this world, how can anyone even consider to through a hurdle and prevent the child from a very helpful coping need? A lot of countries have laws around service dogs, made to protect the rights of the people who need them. I hope this petition will go so far as to bringing those laws into South Africa and neighboring countries as well... We clearly need it. If people would just stop being so self centered and actually do themselves a favor and educate themselves, maybe this country will actually get somewhere. Autism rates are increasing at an alarming rate. What if one day autism happens to you, body corporate? Guess only then people will listen. We will fight for our children's rights, yes, even if those rights are out of the ordinary, your ordinary. I mean what's ordinary anyway?