Help get permission for Conrad to own a therapy dog in Bellamont Gardens

Grannyma

/ #45

2014-05-14 15:55

I am Conrad's Gran and cannot believe that the Trustee's will not allow Conrad to have a "working dog", it is not a lap dog but a professionally trained working dog in the same way in which a dog for the blind is trained. This "working dog" will assist Conrad to control his emotions. If the Trustee's would only take the time to see and perhaps chat to him (with the help of his Mom) they would see he is a very bright little boy with a loving nature. Bellamont Gardens will not allow animals yet they seem to be home to "ostriches" all with their heads in the sand!# 37 says that there are double standards, if you are an owner.. you are allowed a pet...tenant...sorry no pets allowed..rules for some and not for others, almost as bad as our government! I was not aware what autism was all about until Conrad was diagnosed, we could not understand why he disliked going into shopping malls only to find out the noise was just too much for him,now when I hear a child screaming in the mall I look at it in a different light as that child too could be autistic. Would it not be strange or Karma if you had a child or a grandchild who is autistic, would you fight for that child's rights as Shelley is or perhaps put the child in an institution and have the child weekends only...just asking. I have seen how Conrad has improved and I think to have a "working dog" which will go every where with him, yes every where, malls, restaurants etc would just be the cherry on top. Look into your hearts Trustees and give this a rethink ,was this decision by a meeting which was minuted or a "Round Robin"? I have never heard of any Body Corporate with two sets of rules ,please enlighten me as I am a Body Corporate Secretary.