Help get permission for Conrad to own a therapy dog in Bellamont Gardens

2014-05-10 18:17

:3

2014-05-10 20:35

Conrad is a lovely son of a good friend of mine and I don't understand what kind of law that refuses a 7 year old child an opportunity for therapy because of a handful of others who have disregarded their contracts. Mrs S.Foot is a valuable member of society who gives so much for her community and has given so much of her own hard earned money to charities just because she wants to. Please put yourselves on her shoes or the young child . Thank you.

2014-05-10 23:36

2014-05-11 03:20

every child should be allowed to know the joy of owning a animal of any sort . The pleasure it can bring on both parts can not be measured . So come on get off your cold hearted bums and give Love a chance. You are not in the dark ages now ,wake up and see the light. Help this child ,his parents and in the long run yourselves . Bring a ray of sunshine into a blighted life.
Hx

#30 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-11 16:23

#3: - You knew the rules when you moved in.

Do you have a child with autism? If no, please keep your comments to yourself!

#31 Re: What has happened to compassion in this world?

2014-05-11 17:27

#17: Compassionate - What has happened to compassion in this world?

I live in the complex and say yes let him have a dog

Special needs mom 2

2014-05-11 22:46

I like .# 31!!! I'm with # 31!!! Let him have the dog!

2014-05-12 06:31

This isn't an ordinary case!!! If it can help this boy in any way why not!?? To the body corp/trustees: What if your child had autism?? Just saying!
Ashley Conrad's auntie

#34 Re: Re: What has happened to compassion in this world?

2014-05-12 12:13

#31: - Re: What has happened to compassion in this world?

Yes! hopefully we can get others in the complex to agree as well! thank you!

Trixie

2014-05-12 20:33

This particular body corporate has made exceptions with elderly cats and "supposed" strays, but is unwilling to make an exception for a person with a disability. Unacceptable!!

*smh*

#36 Re:

2014-05-13 09:01

#35: Trixie -

That is right Trixie! And the offspring of the Body Corporate residing in the same complex also has permission to keep sugar gliders (an exotic pet) which is illegal in both Gauteng and the Eastern Cape, but has been allowed in a conservation area.

I wonder if the same compassion and acceptance would be given if a stray dog should wander onto the property and was fed and given shelter for over eight years as the 'feral' cats are?

Double standards!

#37 Double Standards

2014-05-13 19:22

It is well known in an around Umdloti Beach that the Bellamont Gardens Body Corporate are a law unto themselves and disliked VERY much. There are rules that are dished out when new tenants move in that state that you will be fined R2000 for feeding the animals but the BC members feed them IN THEIR HOMES! They get defensive and upset when presented with any issue that doesn't suit their little fifdom that they've got going here. They are self righteous, rude and completely STUPID and seriously... need to move on!!! It's called Communal Living and it seems that the most intolerant of communal living are these fools!! Rock on to the Foot family!! I hope Conrad gets his dog!!!
Compassionate

#38 What has happened to compassion in this world?

2014-05-13 20:17

#31: - Re: What has happened to compassion in this world? 

Awesome, hope that there are many more wonderful people like you in the complex that can assist in convincing the Body Corporate to wake up and get with the times hey!! :-)

#39 Re: Double Standards

2014-05-14 06:32

#37: - Double Standards

very , very interesting!, if they let Conrad have the dog then there would not be this petition, now we are getting to find out alot of things!

SandyK

#40 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-14 13:29

Mmm... Would you deny the right to a seeing-eye dog for a person who is blind?

Whatever the rules state.

It is not a benefit or a luxury I am afraid. It is a necessity in order to function.

Annoyed

#41 Complex dweller

2014-05-14 14:16

I live in Bellamont Gardens as well and I say let Conrad have the dog!!!!

#42 Re: Complex dweller

2014-05-14 14:40

#41: Annoyed - Complex dweller

I also live in Bellamont Gardens and agree 100%

2014-05-14 14:56

Really I think the body corps need to move with the times and learn to grant exceptions. What are they saying this lad does not deserve a chance to have a therapy dog?

#44 Re:

2014-05-14 14:58

#43: -

agreed!

Grannyma

2014-05-14 15:55

I am Conrad's Gran and cannot believe that the Trustee's will not allow Conrad to have a "working dog", it is not a lap dog but a professionally trained working dog in the same way in which a dog for the blind is trained. This "working dog" will assist Conrad to control his emotions. If the Trustee's would only take the time to see and perhaps chat to him (with the help of his Mom) they would see he is a very bright little boy with a loving nature. Bellamont Gardens will not allow animals yet they seem to be home to "ostriches" all with their heads in the sand!# 37 says that there are double standards, if you are an owner.. you are allowed a pet...tenant...sorry no pets allowed..rules for some and not for others, almost as bad as our government! I was not aware what autism was all about until Conrad was diagnosed, we could not understand why he disliked going into shopping malls only to find out the noise was just too much for him,now when I hear a child screaming in the mall I look at it in a different light as that child too could be autistic. Would it not be strange or Karma if you had a child or a grandchild who is autistic, would you fight for that child's rights as Shelley is or perhaps put the child in an institution and have the child weekends only...just asking. I have seen how Conrad has improved and I think to have a "working dog" which will go every where with him, yes every where, malls, restaurants etc would just be the cherry on top. Look into your hearts Trustees and give this a rethink ,was this decision by a meeting which was minuted or a "Round Robin"? I have never heard of any Body Corporate with two sets of rules ,please enlighten me as I am a Body Corporate Secretary.

#46 Re:

2014-05-14 16:00

#45: Grannyma -

brilliant! lets hope he gets the dog!

2014-05-18 19:53

This is not a request for a pet - but for a highly-trained therapy dog. The Body Corporate should be working with the family to set acceptable limits / guidelines not just vetoing the whole thing.

#48 Re:

2014-05-19 20:13

#47: -

read comment #37

Marlien

#49 hoping and praying

2014-05-21 18:20

HOPING AND PRAYING CONRAD GETS TO HAVE HIS THERAPY DOG .... I HAVE A SON WITH AUTISM AND HIS DOGS ARE HIS LIFE .... IT REALLY DOES KEEP THEM CALM AND COLLECTED....for the person who says rules are rules ....I have many many disgusting words I could say to you right now but I wont ...I purely wish one thing that you will be blessed in ur life with only 1 day in Shelleys shoes just one day so that your simple mindedness can come to an abrupt halt. She lives where she lives for the safety of her son and herself as her husband works away!!! She needs all the help she can get in handling and dealing with her sons many meltdowns. But we serve a living God and my word I KNOW He wasnt sleeping when you posted your heartless petty comment!

#50 IS he going to get the dog?

2014-06-02 07:33

IS he going to get the dog?