BLUE DYKES SURGERY APPOINTMENTS

PP

/ #17 Lack of appointments

2014-06-11 16:18

I was quite happy with the service I received from Blue Dykes until about 18 months ago. Since then, it has become more difficult to book an appointment via the telephone. I have even been down to the surgery in person at 7:45AM and stood outside the surgery in all weathers (along with @ 13 other patients on one occasion) and still I had to see a Doctor I have never seen before. The last time I tried to get van appointment on the day, I had to see one of the 'Advanced Nurse Practitioners' who did not instil me with very much confidence in his abilities. Furthermore, every time you go to the surgery there is a notice up stating how many people failed to make their appointment the previous month. Some time ago, I believe there was a system in play where if a patient did not turn up for 3 appointments they would be removed from the surgery's patient list. Every month, the poster states that @ 30 hours of appointments are missed. This cannot help those who desperately need to see the doctor. Why can't the 3 strikes system be reinstated, after all, if you fail to attend an appointment at the hospital, you are told that you will be removed from their list.