Petition against MSMC for same sex freshmen housing

/ #23

2014-07-16 01:12

Changing this absurd rule so close to move in day is completely unacceptable. This is a big decision for many students and knowing that their co-ed dorms completely would have changed my decision to attend Mount Saint Mary College, along with many other people who I have already talked to. Students will try more and more to break the rules, leading to a campus no one wants to be on. It is unfair to change something about the college after everyone has already placed their deposit, as many students already want to transfer. It is completely unfair and doesn't give us the college experience at all. Isn't that what this new stage in our life is all about? I understand it's to protect us, but this is the time to learn our mistakes and realize the people we are supposed to be. They shouldn't have made this rule after sending in all of the money, because I without a doubt would have considered changing my decision. I get a different vibe from the campus now and it's completely unfair how no other college has rules like this, and no college would make these rules after everyone sent in their deposit already for the first year. We chose the school how it was when we applied, which was when it didn't have these absurd new rules. How does this give us the college experience that everyone says is so important and essential to go through to find out who you really are?