Darkness Falls the Crusade

/ #7

2014-07-18 15:48

Only way for this game to make any sense would to make it a very low monthly subscription...that or FTP with NON gamebreaking purchases with $. By that I mean, changing the name of your equipment, maybe a name change, maybe a gender change, Scrolls for shield spells that don't go beyond lvl 3 for people that are on late night and don't have someone to get buffs to invade another realm or are hunting in a hard to get area and run out of spells in the middle of a hunt. Don't get me wrong, but for this game to succeed and bring in numbers, I think needs to be free like most big muds today, it has the game-play to attract a HUGE number of people from muds if it were free to play with like a said a non-gamebreaking merchant for money to atleast pay for server costs and then some once you get a higher base of players.

Market it as the revival of the beginning of Dark Ages of Camelot that you still have up and running, and which I still understand is a division under EA brand. Have them run it or include in a package deal with monthly subscription to DAoC. That way people see it as having access to two great games instead of one.