Against the proposed static caravan site at Bradwell-on-Sea

/ #5

2014-10-26 17:21

Clearly there will be security, noise and amenity concerns relating to the proximity of the proposed caravans site so close to the village and marina. Traffic to and from the village will increase considerably along a road which could be considered inadequate, this will impact on the quality of life enjoyed by the permanent residents. Personally I am unable to see any viability in the scheme for holiday letting. There are limited facilities within the area to attract the number of holiday makers catered for by the number of caravans.

It is therefore my summation that either these caravans are for residential letting in an area of limited work, which is likely to lead to an increase in crime, or that this proposal is the thin edge of the wedge and a holiday park with all the attractions needed is  envisaged but not disclosed. I therefore suggest that the true intentions for the proposed site are made clear to the residence and berth holders at an open meeting enabling all concerns to be raised.

S.H.