ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS.

/ #9

2014-11-19 14:45

About ten years ago we had a pit. I let her out to the bathroom and she jumped the fence. About 20 minutes later she came back. About an hour later my husband came home and Toby pulls up in his van. He asked if we had a black and white pit and we told him we did. He said that while she was out running, she cornered someone and he was taking her. I have no proof she did or did not corner someone and neither did he. There was no statement from the person she allegedly cornered, so I had to go with what he was saying. He told my husband that he had to put the dog in his van-he wouldn't do it himself. I don't feel that was right because when he showed up, she was inside. If he would have caught her when she was out of the fence, I can understand that. That was the only time she ever got out of the yard. So, my husband took our beloved family member to Toby's van. He said because we didn't have insurance that the case was up in the air. He said that if we paid a fine, we could have her back, but we had to either get insurance or take her out of Licking County.

While he was at our house, he saw that we had a ball python (a small one, in a cage, about 2 foot long) and said that we have to have a permit for it and that it needs to see a vet for the permit to be valid.

We got our dog back and we took her to my husbands grandmother's house at Fairfield Beach until we could find her a permanent home as we could not afford the insurance and we didn't want her to be taken from us and be put down.

Two days after we got her back and took her out of Licking County, Toby and two police officers came back to my house to see if I had made an appointment for our snake. Yes, I did, but that is not the reason he was there. He was there to see if we still had the dog. We had thought about keeping her, but knew he would do something like that. Really, he needed to bring two police officers to see if our snake had a vet appointment scheduled?

We ended up finding her a great home in the county with an elderly lady that needed a great companion and one that would protect her from harm. I wish we would have been able to keep her but in the end Toby didn't get her and that is enough satisfaction for me.