SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE

/ #133 Re: y

2015-05-07 20:16

#128: - y 

We are residents of HW and we would be happy to take this dog. It is sad because in the article it sure seemed that the writer had lots of information that seemed to be provided to her, perhaps, we should consider the truths and falsehoods on both sides of the issue. I was sad to see that the writer mentioned "fences". We have a outside electric fence, however, it does not prevent the dog from leaving the yard if there is a power outage or if the owner forgets to put the collar on or if the batteries die out on the collar. In additon, electric fences do not prevent certain dogs from leaving the yard. This is true for several breeds of dogs - especially hound dogs. In fact, hounds may leave the yard to chase a squirrel and then get zapped then not go back home because they are afraid to get zapped. In conclusion, my family would love to have the city review the fence ordinance. We would love to have a REAL fence, for privacy, protection and to help my family enjoy outdoor life. This town has so many rules. We wished that we would have known this before we moved here. We can't even have an outdoor shed, even if it is beautifully crafted. Just too many rules. We as a family hope that this dog can get rehomed and shame on the author of this article because in our opinion it is a bait and switch kind of article. This should never have gotten this far. It is really sad for everyone but mostly, very sad for this dog. People do need accountibility for actions, that involves all the parties involved. The only judgement comes from God.