SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE.

2015-02-17 19:21

It seems like a witch hunt ...once again in Hawthorn Woods
Guest 2

#2 Save Heidi's Life

2015-02-18 01:22

Goodness! My dog used to nip and retreat 30 TIMES A DAY! Are we going to kill every dog who nips? We're talking a nip, guys, not a mauling. Big difference! Heidi is much-loved by a family---she deserves to go back home and continue being loved. And Hawthorn Woods needs to stop wasting MY hard-earned money on this!

2015-02-20 01:36

I don't know what's driving the village on this issue, but it's certainly pissing a lot of us off. We've had our share of jackasses in office over the last 30 that I've lived here, but these guys take the cake. If this dog is euthanized because of their action, they're going to see a sudden rise in community activism. The last time, we got rid of the head jackass!

2015-02-20 15:02

This is abusive and cruel. I am sickened by the greed of some people and feel such sadness for the owners of this dog. A dog that has been rehabilitated with owners who have admitted responsibility, managed the unwanted behavior, and have made accommodations to prevent any further, albeit unlikely, occurrances should not be forced to take a life. Do we really live in a world where second and third chances backed up with evidence of a concerted effort to remediate a problem is not enough to live? Sick.

2015-02-20 15:52

Once again, narrow-minded individuals, with inflated egos, making decisions. And to the attorney- you're a gutless ahole - you are the despicable stereotype for your profession. IF you "win" this case, may your unfortunate children (having you,as a father IS unfortunate) be required to be present at the euthanasia so they can see what daddy does for a living.

2015-02-20 16:26

Such a total waste of tax dollars for trying to remove a pet. This lawyer needs to get a life!!!!

#7 Re: Comment Number 4

2015-02-21 16:03

#4: -  

VERY, very well written.

Frank

2015-02-21 18:15

I am a dog person but there are many unanswered questions. In the original letter, far more detailed than this site, the owners state that someone, apparently some lawyer, has a personal vendetta against the owners. Why would a lawyer bother? Why the vendetta? Next, the owners repeatedly claim that the protagagonists never read any laws or regulations. How can they know that? Next, they claim the village attorney sent someone named Jean Bacardi a threatening letter "regarding his power over her". Really? That's called evidence. I'd like to see it. By the way, nowhere in the incredibly lengthy original letter are we told who Jean Bicardi actually is.

Next, having a dog (or person) evaluated after a crime has been committed, even with a positive result, is irrelevant. It's after the fact. Again, this is detailed in the original letter we received last night. I could go on and on but finally, and perhaps most importantly, the writer admits that little Heidi REPEATEDLY bit people. Once is usually ignored but repeated bites bring big bad results. 

Now, I know the anarchists above will vilify me but I'm willing to turn this over to my lawyer at my expense if somehow this murky (original) letter made more sense. Poor dog (and beautiful too). Poor family. WE MUST CONTROL OUR PETS--legally and morally.

2015-02-21 20:29

I think it is a disgrace to fight so hard to kill an animal after such a minor first offense, especially when it's life can be spared in a new environment. The outright contempt is shameful and inexcusable.

2015-02-21 20:33

I am more and more wondering about what our Mayor and Pam Newton have against this issue. It also comes to mind that they are quite unfamiliar with the lower income elder residents who plan on signing this and the money that this city is spending on this issue. There are so many constitutional amendments being violated and I have been to meetings where the mayor has removed people and one in particular at the next meeting brought a lawyer. What is the mayor of this town or Pam Newton gaining? What right does the Police Chief have to call the shelters to voice her concern? For the tax dollars we pay this is not right. This is pure harassment of a taxpayer. I think that everyone needs to remember that we vote you in and we pay salaries for many so you all technically work for us. I do not see that happening. I plan on moving soon because besides this issue, we were screwed on the water issue, we get screwed quite a bit on the decisions made by the "important" rich folk. Every parade I just want to throw up. I am also aware that the Chief reserves an area at the 4th of July in one of the best places and ties it off with tape for friends and family. A clear abuse of power by many. With that said, I have brought cookies to the police, they have helped so much with patrols but this town does not report exactly what is happening. I am aware of other issues like this but none have been taken this far. I love and I do mean love all the policemen as they are so respectful and our Commander who is always polite and kind. However, it is abhorrent that our citizens think this is such a great town as if they did more research they would find out many things about arrests and really horrible things that would frighten any parent. I wish someone would get many of these "executives" out of office. They are not helping us - they are taking our tax dollars for reasons that are unjustified and to have a Mayor treat our citizens at a meeting so rudely and actually throw a citizen out to the point of where a lawyer needed to be there with this person at a later meeting is unprofessional. I think it is time for this community to take a stand. As well, I think these "executives" need to stop abusing power and understand who resides in this community - not just the rich side, but the side that has been around for a long time. God Bless our Police and again, any time help was needed they helped. PS - I have also been bitten by dogs in the community and rescued many and return to owners. Most have been during power outages when they were able to roam. Most of the time I have had the Parks and Rec help if I saw them because no one seemed to care. Non emergency numbers are going to Lake Zurich. Who knows if HW is even contacted, I do not know. Make this community better and stop this vendetta on this family and stop wasting our tax dollars. It is again, Constitutional issues including civil rights issues for a landowner. I love living here but not so much anymore. Pam Newton and to the Mayor, please resign. You are not serving your constituents as well as you could. You seem to focus only on the rich folks and please think of all the folks in their 70's and over 90. Not just those folks in the new part of town that was torn apart to build million dollar homes who support you. There is power in voice and in the pen. I think you all in government here need to remember that. Thank you.

2015-02-21 20:46

Nipping is not mauling or biting. Some of the issues after doing investigation were not completely the fault of the dog. I am horrified by the issue itself not to mention of what the heck is going on in this town. I am elderly but you best believe I was around during many protests in my younger days. Something stinks here, and it is not the dog. Besides the money for the greedy lawyer, is anyone getting a kickback? Why when I hear about more criminal activities are they never reported and I have to hear from my neighbors? Why are so many things going wrong in this town? I am a firm believer in government. My sons have been to war and one works at Homeland. Others work for the state. When I brought this issue up they could not believe our little bitty town runs like this. I would like to see better of this community but with these politicians, who know, are they on the take? Why do they not understand the community or try to work with this individual instead of paying a retainer to a Chicago lawyer to take more of my social security away. Do away with our politicians. They need to be voted out when election time comes. They need to see the forest through the trees. A disgusting representation of our city and the people that are supposed to work for us. I love government, am a staunch GOP member but this really, really takes the case of hurting all citizens not just this family. Sickening.
NON ANARCHIST

#12 Re:

2015-02-21 20:55

#8: Frank -  

Dear Frank,

Yes, I have spoken with this indvidual and what is being said is true. Also, nipping is not mauling or biting especially when many of the incidents where caused by folks that have not been allowed or supposed to be on the property. The home is labeled clearly with signs about the dogs. Dogs are protecting owners. Each time I have been nipped it is because of an issue with a power outage or the battery went dead on their collar. Since this town does not allow fences unless there is a pool they choose to use the electric fence and guess what. EVERY TIME I WAS NIPPED WHICH IS MANY IS BECAUSE I TRIED TO RESCUE A DOG THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN HIT BY ONE OF THESE IDIOTS DRIVING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT AND ON THEIR PHONE AND BLOWING OFF STOP SIGNS. I am not an anarchist but think that you need to at least call the phone number of the person and get the proof you seem to be accusing the dog owner of lying about. Now, if I misunderstood I aplologize. I am a senior citizen and I have the same rights as anyone. Take care and perhaps give this person a call so you can understand the situation and what has happened and have the person drop off the proof so that you can view it and perhaps have a better opionion since the letter was a little murky.

2015-02-21 21:29

I honestly cannot say who is right or wrong in this case. As a former resident who was contacted by my sister I am so very curious of why Hawthorn Woods has a retainer with a Cook County lawyer? The 19th Circuit Court is in Waukegan. It is lawyer haven there. Why would we give business to another county unless it either had perks or was a friend of a friend? I am sorry for the dog owner and also for anyone that was hurt. But with the unemployment in Lake County I am just dumbfounded at why a Cook County lawyer is on retainer? This is just my opinion and again, feel sorry for all involved. My family hope it works out for all parties involved.

2015-02-21 22:58

STOP THIS MADNESS!....send Heidi back to her family.

2015-02-23 22:13

let Heidi go home!

2015-02-24 00:58

Best of luck, I know this whole process must be antagonizing and painful for the dog and your family. I will let some good people know about this. I just hope this petition can support your dogs case.
jarhead

2015-02-24 01:34

This appears to be a very poor use of tax payer funds. I am going to send an open letter to all village board members and will publish their names and contact info in a later comment. Way too much government in our village, county, country lately.

jack

2015-02-24 16:36

Unbelievable, if as reported is true. That kind of money over a dog that could have been, and should be, re-homed outside of the village. jmckiern@hotmail.com 847-438-8457

2015-02-25 18:16

Please stop the fight to execute Heidi. She was on her property defending her family and herself. Isn't that one of the reasons we have a dog? Send Heidi home!
DogLover

2015-02-25 19:39

My neighbors kid nipped me, can we put her down?

2015-02-25 20:45

Hawthorn Woods could use all those tax dollars for community pet training, instead of trying to make an example out of a pet, because he nipped some little b*^ch who had their feelings hurt.

2015-02-27 17:01

The mayor and village board should stop this waste of tax payer money immediately. At the next board meeting I suggest that you go to a private room and see whose penis is larger so we can all move on.
Gros Bubert

#23 Re: Save Heidi's Life

2015-02-27 21:40

#24 Save Heidi's Life

2015-02-28 04:08

I read the lengthy letter detailing the history of this incident and am totally disgusted with the behavior of the officials of the Village of Hawthorn Woods.  I would never have expected that such a lovely and pastoral community could harbor officials with such black hearts and lack of social and legal consciousness.  Clearly, there are suspicious activities going on behind the scene among the officials involved in this troubling scenario.  There is no other reason for the victimization of this family and their beloved pet, not to mention the outrageous expenditure of Village funds to continue this malicious situation.  Getting the media involved to shed some publicity on the shenanigans of the Village is clearly warranted.

#25 Re:

2015-02-28 04:32

#8: Frank -  

Hi Frank,

Please call me if you would like to.  I will talk about any concerns or questions you may have about Heidi's plight.  Thank you for your comment.

Jean Bacardi

847-736-1340