SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE

New Resident

/ #138 Re: Re:

2015-05-12 13:51

#137: - Re:  

Wish we could have real fences and outdoor buildings to protect our animals and the people that come into the yard. We have a dog that goes out on a run everyday but if I do not know (which no one ever knows) when the person comes to check gas or electric meters well, the person could get nipped as our family dog would protect the yard. I have seen from my house to our backyard neighbor where the owners have a large shephard type dog. I saw the electric meter reader come to my house a half hour prior. The owners had there dog out for about an hour on their electric fence. I could literally see the shock as the meter reader walked into the yard. My dog is only out for about 10 minutes at a time so she can do her business. She is about 40lbs but can bark to protect the family quite loud if someone comes on the property. We do have signs in the yard and on the door to our home. Since we are in the older part of town, we just don't have enough storage for lawnmowers and such, nor do we have the funds to hire a landscaper. Most of this town is very wealthy and quite able to pay the large tax dollars. I wish the council would look into approvable outbuildings like sheds and greenhouses and also really, really think about real fences. With an actual locked fence the meter reader would have to ring the doorbell and/or the meter would just be estimated. For the safety of all involved, please city council rethink this -- a real fence could have avoided many of these issues for the Bacardi family.