Revisit proposed Harefield Youth Center Plan

/ #16

2016-06-16 14:52

Councillor Palmer’s position was derived by democracy from the electorate and for her to have an autocratic view that this centre is what we wanted is unbelievable as of yet I have not found anybody who really wants this building in Ash Grove.  This estate was built in 1954 including its recreational park so why is the covenant being changed to open-space?

I feel that this youth centre can only promote out-hours anti-social behaviour and that the local residents will be the people dealing with it all as the local police seem to be powerless to do anything, I’ve been burgled, had my car stolen, neighbours’ have had the same and all the police did was give me an incident number and two days later I received a letter from them saying, “Case closed but not forgotten”.  As residents we can only look forward to a depressing time ahead. I do think that the Planning Department needs to reconsider the consequences they are about to inflict on the locals and if no alternative can be found then I feel certain the funds can be transferred to another budget and let the Tories be the first to build a second medical centre in Harefield to eliminate the three week waiting time to see a doctor, or is this too much to ask?

Ray, you need to intervene and get this mess sorted out.