Revisit proposed Harefield Youth Center Plan

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Revisit proposed Harefield Youth Center Plan.

2016-06-15 20:47

Because the planned youth centre will affect me

2016-06-15 20:50

The location of this centre is completely wrong in so many ways. It has been thought out clearly enough and not taken into consideration the views of the residents of Ash Grove which I find totally unacceptable.

2016-06-15 21:20

Feel so sorry for residents as the parking at the moment is a nightmare and will only get worse.

2016-06-15 21:42

I truly think the location for this centre has not been looked at in the middle of a housing estate where parking is very difficult also there are other areas which could be a lot more assessable I have lived in Harefield for 50years good locations from myself and other residents priory community centre with plenty of room on moorhall park also easerly assessable by bus routes I will also point out I do not live in ash grove

2016-06-15 21:43

its not an appropriate area for this type of amenity.

2016-06-15 22:14

I signed this petition as our elected councillors did not listen to us. All councillor Palmer was interested in was that she did not want to lose the money for this in January at the HRTA meeting. They never once approached anyone from Harefield as to where this should go. The siting of this youth centre is as best the worst decision proposed. From the underhanded way they have done this from over turning a long standing of over 50 years of a covenant from recreation park to open space and telling no one about it. The non exsistant consultation with any of the residents, An insulting traffic report comparing us with another youth centre that is hardly open and as far anyway from residents. The size of the building and I quote the councillor and the chairman of the planning committee "it's tight and you will need a shoe horn to make it fit , but it just about fits"- this was said a couple of times and the chairman actually laughed when he said this . It will not be policed. If the there is a fire, it will be a complete nightmare for for the fire brigade to get around Ashgrove to deal with it. Parking is an nightmare, but knowing how the council operates they will something up their sleeves for this. This youth centre will be open for 6 and 1/2 days of the week from 9am to 10pm at night with absolutely no respite whatsoever, all year round. We will have total strangers coming into our community and this will make our elderly residents feel even more vulnerable, especially since we have been told that teenagers that have been expelled from the education system will be using this facility . This will not be supported by the people of Ashgrove , the vicar of St Marys Church , HRTA and the people of this village.

This needs to go back to planning and reconsidered and another site looked at asap.As was stated by the tory councillors at the planning meeting "Was any other site looked at -the reply was NO... "Was any other site considered - the reply was NO" So if they said that they did, then they can be considered liars and that they will need to look at the YouTube clip of the meeting as it is there in glorious technicolour. Dated and time stamped.

This a pure vanity project for the tory council.If another site cannot be found, the money, would be better spent on having a stronger ties with what we have already in this village and bringing back a police presence in which we pay for but very sadly lack in.

For Hillingdon Council to boast about the Ashgrove youth centre in their seasonal magazine a couple of days before the planning meeting decision smacks of something very under handed and boasts in the same breath that they won another award for three years on the trot for open spaces and recreation parks .

The word hypocrites springs to mind... This needs to be looked at again and sooner the better .

2016-06-16 00:54

I feel very strongly that this will spoil our quiet community, due to noise, before and after the build,also this will bring a lot more vehicles in to Ash Grove , and will exacerbate our parking problems on our very narrow road .
I feel this has been given the go ahead, without a thought to us residents , I was astounded when this proposed build was compared with the one in Maxwell Road in Northwood, totally different kind of road and a complete farce to liken it to that vicinity,
We are the ones who will have to live with this on our doorsteps , and consideration should be given to us and our objections should not be disregarded.

2016-06-16 05:38

The council had already decided this was going ahead before even announcing this proposal. All my concerns regarding this being approved have been ignored giving me no reasons and not answering what would be done to prevent the concerns which we would all face once built and up and running. All the council are concerned about is making sure they got this approved which they knew they would get regardless of what anyone said against it. 

2016-06-16 06:27

The planning for this site was rushed and not appropriate to the proposed area that's within such close promoximity to houses

2016-06-16 06:55

Because there is better space in Harefield to be utilised like the community centre site and surrounding areas. This is just encroaching on people's personal and private space

2016-06-16 07:31

Every community should have a youth centre. So our kids have somewhere safe to play.

Anonymous

#12 Re:

2016-06-16 07:50

#11: -  

Totally agree with you, however getting the right place is key so it is safe and successful for our kids and runs for many years

2016-06-16 08:09

I think it will cause a lot of problems for the families who live in Ash Grove with extra noise and the lack of parking space is bad enough as it is!

2016-06-16 08:34

I signed this petition as I visit my grandchildren in the road where the youth club is to be built . This road is narrow and the cars parked on both sides of the road . I feel this is a built up area already with limited green space for residents to use .

2016-06-16 13:18

Totally the wrong area to build something of this size.  Only 8 parking spaces for staff and a couple of disabled bays for up to 150 users at any one time?  Where are people going to park?  Parking spaces are hard enough to get for residents.  If they park both sides there is NO WAY a fire engine could get through.  The community centre at Peerless offers a massive open space and parking on Moorhall Road.  It's a no brainer.  Even use the facilities at Harefield Academy.  I thought that was the thought in mind when they built and refurbished it originally.  Something for the whole of Harefield to benefit from. There's plenty of parking too.  Why should we lose our small bit of green when there are other alternatives?

2016-06-16 14:52

Councillor Palmer’s position was derived by democracy from the electorate and for her to have an autocratic view that this centre is what we wanted is unbelievable as of yet I have not found anybody who really wants this building in Ash Grove.  This estate was built in 1954 including its recreational park so why is the covenant being changed to open-space?

I feel that this youth centre can only promote out-hours anti-social behaviour and that the local residents will be the people dealing with it all as the local police seem to be powerless to do anything, I’ve been burgled, had my car stolen, neighbours’ have had the same and all the police did was give me an incident number and two days later I received a letter from them saying, “Case closed but not forgotten”.  As residents we can only look forward to a depressing time ahead. I do think that the Planning Department needs to reconsider the consequences they are about to inflict on the locals and if no alternative can be found then I feel certain the funds can be transferred to another budget and let the Tories be the first to build a second medical centre in Harefield to eliminate the three week waiting time to see a doctor, or is this too much to ask?

Ray, you need to intervene and get this mess sorted out.

2016-06-16 18:30

Because all children should have safe places to play.

2016-06-16 18:51

Parking is a nightmare already, residents will feel the full effect of all the noise and disruption that will carry on. Bad decision in my eyes as if they need one. People please sign to stop this from going ahead!

2016-06-18 14:46

Absolutely ridiculous site for such a disruptive venture and very questionable tactics employed by the local council

2016-06-20 19:51

This is not the right place for such a building. We live in Ash Grove and parking is already a nightmare! Fire engines are unable to fit down the road already so a youth club surely exasperates this issue and poses a health and safety issue to the building and who is occupying it? We purchased the property just over a year ago and a big factor was the little park just across the road that we could use. Why take away what the residents enjoy? We live here and seem to have no say in what is on our doorstep! Start listening to the residents, there are plenty of other sites that this is much more suited to!

2016-06-20 21:29

I feel the youth centre is being put in a completely wrong location , no thought for the residents who gardens will back onto It. A quite neighbourhood who lives will be impacted in a big way. With disruption and noise and teenager hanging around up to no good . A youth center is a good idea in the right location this is defintley not the right location!!!

2016-06-21 13:17

Not appropriate site

2016-06-21 15:31

The proposed site is completely unsuitable - the roads are too small and busy so there will be insufficient parking and it will have a terrible detrimental effect on residents - not only from parking but also from noise. They will also lose, albeit a small, recreational area for the local community to use. It's far too small of an area to put a community centre on it and far too built up - which also raises health and safety issues

2016-07-13 16:36

I have family in this area and I feel that having a youth centre in this area is the wrong discussion and it is being placed in the wrong area

2016-07-13 16:38

Certainly in the wrong place and will be a massive inconvenience for those living in ash grove!