Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms

Don't do it

/ #4 Bad idea

2016-09-16 17:10

While I haven't lived in the Wausau area since graduating from Wausau East 24 years ago, this matter is deeply troubling to me.

Allowing mixed gender bathrooms and locker rooms in the public schools is yielding to a minority demographic of highschool students at the expense of what I assume is the comfort level of the majority of highschool students. A proposal to accommodate the request for mixed gender bathrooms/locker rooms shows a lack of respect for traditional family values as well as the comfort level of most students, not to mention it opens the door to potential lawsuits as well as sexual harassment and assault incidents. Why would the Wausau Public School system want to take those risks for a small group of students that this would accommodate, especially since this "orientation" is something that a student could decide on a regular basis to change, depending upon whatever suits him/her at the moment?

I would hope the residents of Wausau would sign this petition realizing that mixed gender bathrooms and locker rooms in the public schools is not only a bad idea, but a potentially dangerous one as well.