STOP HASBRO FROM CORRUPTING KIDS WITH TOYS

Common sense

/ #79 You'd think...

2012-12-09 02:49

Alright, besides this being one of the most unintelligent things I've read in a little while [and considering this is the internet that's awful surprising] here's a question in return. Since when are the names of a bunch of robots hurting anyone? Specifically children?
What child is going to look at Thundercracker and think "This robot must be racist therefore because I am in possession of him I too must be racist!" None of them. But if your child literally DOES manage to do think this I suggest you take your child to see a therapist of some variety.
But besides all of this, isn't it a part of life to grow up, make mistakes and learn for yourself what to do with your life? Your child has to grow up and learn whether or not being a racist is bad on their own without you shoving pre-conceived thoughts down their necks, not saying being a racist is right in any way, but it's your job as a parent to guide them through childhood not throw them in a box and tell them right from wrong. If you asked any sensible adult about their childhood they would probably tell you about the stupid things they did and how they learned that that was a stupid idea, thus passing on the information to their children and they'll tell you how much fun they had in doing those stupids things and the life lessons they learned from the situation.
Taking away a kids toy just because you think it's related to some racial slurr is only going to make your kid grow up assuming that toys are suddenly evil or can be related to evil things. Soon they'll start wondering if their letter blocks are going to start spelling out secrets of the devil and their barbie dolls will start a gang and have gang wars with the lego's.
Woman. Calm down, Transformers aren't hurting anyone, especially not your children and you need to give your kid a little room to grow on his/her own. It sounds a lot to me like you're a helicopter parent. Let your kid play with their Transformers and be merry.