Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Quoted post

#29 Re: sanity in our open spaces

2011-06-07 18:04

#27: Regular walker -

Thank you for your considered and thoughtful response to my campaign. Your reply sums up the thoughts and concerns of all the people I have talked to. The feeling of helplesness and powerlesness, is a common feature of how they feel. I am so angry that we are being treated like idiots, I hope that once this common feeling is understood I can organise this into a much more positive force.

Steve

Replies

Tracy

#76 Re: Re: sanity in our open spaces

2011-06-22 21:09:25

#29: - Re: sanity in our open spaces

It is the current organisations only way to deal with opposition to their plans by treating people as if they know best - which we all know is not necessarily so. I remember that they tried to cut down trees once before on the common and a late good friend of mine who lived at the bottom of the common and had used it for years was involved in putting yellow ribbons around the old oaks that were marked for destruction, to try and protect them. If they cut down the man made pine woodland on the top they had better check for Buzzard nests, as I have seen many parent and baby birds nesting there over the years!