Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Quoted post

nanny val.

#86 common land?

2011-06-23 16:11

As comment 63 states we fought hard to stop the council from chopping down trees 15 years ago and we succeeded. We (and others) fought hard and went to every meeting, and there were a lot of them, to try and stop the common being fenced in. We involved councillors and the 2 local M.P's, we involved the local M.E.P. as well. We have a big fat file on all we did which you are welcome to see. Unfortunately the fences went up and now it's your turn, and others to continue the fight. We were just waiting for the first incident to happen with the cattle on the ground. Can't say I agree with your methods but best of luck.

Replies

steve mccarron
The author of this petition

#89 Re: common land?

2011-06-23 17:44:45

#86: nanny val. - common land?

Since the much publiced, well organized, well managed, well attended  public meetings (Liz Nether WCC) which garnered 29 votes out of 40 people voting in favour of the changes I cannott argue with worcester county council's judgement sureley. Why bother?

I applaude you for the action you took , which was because you thought that extreme measures had been taken to defeat opposition and public opinion, which in turn justified your challenge.

I am sorry for the distress that my campaign may cause but it is simply a means to an end. You have to undestand that welfare conditions are not relevant as this is a commercial project and the cattle and public are fairly irrelevant in the scheme of things. nobody is listening to us and no on will, ever. My way, lets wait and see.

Thank you for wishing me good luck

Steve

Steve McCarron

#93 Re: common land?

2011-06-24 02:39:37

#86: nanny val. - common land?

Please can I meet you to look at your file?

Best wishes

Steve