PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Quoted post

#181 179

2014-02-15 17:34

Looked after children are on the top of the criteria for entry selection. These poor children are often damaged souls and have too much going on in their short lives to think about their education. They are not always easy to manage in a classroom of 30. Expert handling is a necessity. Unfortunately this can be disruptive to the other children within the class. SEN children have every right to be in any school but if there are a number of them on the audit then perhaps the SATS levels of the school will not be quite so favourable to some. The teacher at the meeting was being honest from her perspective.

Replies

balancedhumour

#184 Re: 179

2014-02-15 20:47:42

#181: - 179

May be an honest "opinion" but is ignorant of reality.  I have a child with special educational needs, that has recently finished his time at Tunstall, and is now happily excelling at Borden.  A child with challenges can be just as competant than any other child.

My experience of Tunstall staff supporting those with extra challenges is excellent and I have no doubt that should there be an increase (with is purely rumourmill material at present) they will cope in an equally excellent manner.

#194 Re: 179

2014-02-17 15:17:39

#181: - 179

Thank you for making this point clear. I am not sure why the next person to comment on the site is so shocked and thinks I should retire. Mr Gove wants us to teach until we are 68. All being well, I shall.