PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Quoted post

walkingonthinicewiththis

#190 Re:

2014-02-16 17:08

#189: -

I agree. Only thing I would add though is that the potential parking issues with "events", how is this different to the current location.  There have been events such as May Day, Sports Day and everyone has managed to squeeze in...  There will still be the church car park for overspill, and without trying to start world war 3, the village hall car park.

Replies

#191 Re: Re:

2014-02-16 17:31:43

#190: walkingonthinicewiththis - Re:

The potential parking issues is very different to the current site. Thare is no safe link to walk between the proposed site and the church car park or the village hall car park, unless taking a very long route through Cranbrook Drive, Park Drive and then onto Tunstall Road. Also, the School would be doubling in size. Now I don't agree with the local scaremongers that this represents a doubling in traffic (siblings, walkers, cyclists etc.) but there will be more cars, so the current "squeeze" won't work. I think the use of the additional land (or part of it) for a car park would be a worthwhile investment on safety and traffic flow grounds, and potentially it would increase the marketable nature of the School for hiring of facilities (but don't tell the locals this!) - scout groups hiring the hall, sports teams hiring the grass areas, local (maybe village!) societies using the hall.