PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Quoted post

#246 Re: Please stop this arguing

2014-02-20 19:21

#239: None - Please stop this arguing

Yes we should stick to facts and people who are pro new school and who are in position of trust should not be going round scaremongering about school closures.

Replies

Russell Brand

#255 Re: Re: Please stop this arguing

2014-02-21 10:21:42

#246: - Re: Please stop this arguing

There has been no scaremongering that I (as a parent) have seen. The facts, as they currently are known, is that if the build doesn't go ahead, the school will most likely be reduced to 1/2 FE, there is no budget to replace or upgrade the current site (also no space), should the school go 1/2 FE then budgets, resources and staffing will all also be reduced which will impact on the quality and breadth of experience currently on offer.

IF the build doesn't happen, there WILL be expansion elsewhere around sittingbourne, and indeed there will be AS WELL as this proposal. From the KCC perspective do you think they would prefer to have half a dozen 1/2 FE schools or 2 or 3 larger well resourced locations.  Over time it will become attractive to roll the 1/2 FE's into the larger schools, ergo Tunstall losing any form of school.  Of course that is not a cast iron fact, just logical reasoned progression.

I do feel for the residents that feel their lifestyle will be encroached upon, however I think that other suggestions in this conversation have been overlooked that could ease some burdens, such as the increased public transport to both the Science Park and through the village.

For the local residents that feel bullied into a particular stance, don't hide away, but also remember that you don't have to share your opinion with anyone. If "bully" comes to the door, or stops you in the street, listen to their case and tell them you are considering it from all angles.  Personally I'm waiting for the opposition to create placards and picket outside the current school, maybe a roadblock or two, now that would be interesting :D