Concerned Students of McGill

Quoted post

Amisraelchai

#4 Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry

2015-02-23 01:02

#1: Sean Nossek - The Fallacy of Symmetry 

Your vast array of words are penned quite nicely, but ultimately, this is going to come down to justice! This petition is about abolishing an injustice. Demonizing Israel and categorizing her as an apartheid state just shows that you know (believe to know) very little about Israel's history and current policy. I've lived there and shared my home with both Jews & Muslims. Jewish Israelis as well as Muslim Palestinians. You my friend are a brain washed / wanna be intellect who thinks he knows so much better than what reality is. Palestinians love Israel and love Jewish people. They hate their tyrant leaders!! Israel does not discriminate against anyone. It is the only democracy in the entire Middle East. And yes, it was founded via violence and bloodshed, like almost every other democracy on god's green earth. So with that being said, go open up a book and study for whatever exam you have coming up and leave the important issues to the adults. 

Replies

Sean Nossek

#7 Re: Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry

2015-02-23 01:32:39

#4: Amisraelchai - Re: The Fallacy of Symmetry 

Is it I who is brainwashed, or the recipient of government administered hasbara? It is incredibly ignorant to share an anecdote in the face of an opposing reality. Perhaps you have interacted with Palestinians in Israel. Did you travel with them on the bus? Did you see them treated in your hospitals? Have you attended a Palestinian wedding in Israel? 

More likely they laboured on the side of the road as you drove by, or passed you in separate busses as under one of over 50 discriminatory Israeli laws those are now segregated. Even more likely than that, they laid dying in understaffed and damaged Gazan hospitals, banned from travel to the high-tech institutions across the wall by the Israeli security state.

It is undeniable that the forging of the modern state system was one of great bloodshed, but to posit the experience of Israel as part of the norm is an egregious lie. Most states were not formed through ethnic cleansing, and in the instances of colonization where they were this took place many decades before the Geneva Convention epoch of the Nakba. Even more, the commencement ceremonies of Israeli universities surely don't include references to the previous inhabitants of the land or expositions of their culture as they do at institutions like McGill where similar situations of colonization and cleansing occured.

I feel it is entirely unnecessary to respond to the claim that "Palestinians love Israel and love Jewish people. They hate their tyrant leaders!! Israel does not discriminate against anyone." Such a statement serves just to further expose your own deep delusions, and I would only ask that you considered the extended families of the 1,500 civilians killed this summer in Israel's lawn-mowing campaign in Gaza., and how much they love the Israeli Security Forces, or any resident of besieged Gaza for that matter.

Leave your demeaning insults of childishness to the ignorant spouters of white washed anecdotes like yourself.