keep weekly bin collections

Quoted post

2016-11-02 11:39

Fortnightly bins collections are a retrograde step. There are four of us in our house and the brown bin is full every week. And the green bin is also full every fortnight - we are even forced to take green waste to to Chelson Meadow as there is not sufficient space in the green bin. This is a waste of resources, petrol etc. . The reduce collection is bad for public health and the cleanliness of the city. It could easily lead to an increase in flytipping.

Replies

Sunflower

#54 Re:

2017-01-03 13:26:49

#1: -  I signed the KEEP WEEKLY BIN COLLECTIONS petition today because Plymouth streets and homes require weekly rubbish collections to deter rats and foul smells in our homes and streets. The  bins are designed fo weekly collection judging by their size and help deter fly tipping. I hope more people will sign!

Another leaflet drop would be a good idea and posters on lamp-posts to gain more signitures for this worthwhile petition.

Marmite40

#56 Re:

2017-01-05 11:35:38

#1: -  

I don't mind two weekly collections but it will be a nightmare at Christmas.  Could they put on weekly collections at peak times including the recycling.  My recycling fills up quicker than my brown bin. Also bring back the Xmas tree collections.

#60 Re:

2017-04-24 10:04:31

#1: -  

So... I dont really understand the why fortnightly collections are an improvement. There is more waste sitting in an overfilled bin outside the house, which I consider to be a health risk. There is still going to be the same amount of rubbish to collect so the fortnightly collections still require twice as much movement of rubbish to the dumping site. There is the obvious increase of flytipping that happens when waste management services "improve", which will cost more to deal with. The whole process just doesn't add up in my mind.