BOYCOTT WILLING WILLIE!
I created this petition to stop the airing of "WILLING WILLIE" tomorrow in TV5 for the reason that he is not deserving to appear again on public television. He is not a good example to the youth, he epitomizes the modern Satan. HE DOESN'T KNOW THE WORD RESPECT!
TV5 not airing ‘Willing Willie’ yet
Willie Revillame has been reported earlier this month that he would finally make an appearance on TV5 hosting the show he is co-producing with the network title Willing Willie. His fans (or what he believes are his loyal followers) are in for a disappointment. No, he won’t be on TV 5 yet. Not yet.
In last week’s post-birthday bash for columnist/Paparazzi host Dolly Ann Carvajal, Maui Taylor, reported as one of the girls who will be in Revillame’s show, told this writer that she had not heard about going on the air on Oct. 10.
“I am not sure why, but I think it’s about the case,” she said.
The case that Taylor could be referring to is the legal tussle between Revillame and ABS-CBN, with the former asking the court to tell the Kapamilya network to recognize his move to rescind his contract with ABS-CBN, which, of course, the latter won’t just easily agree to.
In fact, last Tuesday, ABS-CBN Corporation asked the Quezon City Regional Trial Court to issue a temporary restraining order (TRO) and a writ of preliminary injunction against Willie Revillame to stop the TV host from committing further violations to his contract with the network by launching his much-hyped show Willing Willie on its competitor TV5.
The 38-page petition of ABS-CBN appealed to the court to ask Revillame not to create or perform work that is similar to what was stipulated in the existing agreement. It means that the former Wowowee host can’t work for any “person or entity in direct competition with the business of ABS-CBN and from engaging in activities which are adverse to the interests of ABS-CBN.”
Revillame has signed with TV5, which he has been given him the liberty to create his own game show and host a talent search program.
“Revillame’s actions show that he has decided for himself that he can do as he pleases despite the Honorable Court’s taking cognizance of the issues,” ABS-CBN stated in the petition.
In a statement from ABS-CBN Corporate Communication head Bong Osorio, when Revillame chose to ignore his contract with the Kapamilya network, it was left with no choice but to ask the courts to intervene.
“The issue on Willie Revillame is all about honoring a contract. To ABS-CBN, it is not only the ethical and right thing to do. It is a noble act of a person or a company that values honesty and integrity. These values are reflected in the way we do business in ABS-CBN. We honor what we say and we expect our people, talents and partners to reciprocate the trust and honor we give them,” said Osorio.
“If a person or company gives honor and respect to a contract, conflicts can be avoided. Just like in a family, do you walkout simply because your attention was called?” he added.
Osorio added that Revillame violated the behavioral provisions of his contract when he threatened the ABS-CBN management during the May 4 episode of Wowowee with a resignation if management did not fire another artist of the network.
When will TV5 air Willing Willie? It depends on what the court decision would be on the Kapamilya’s petition for a TRO. If the court rules in favor of Revillame, his followers, or fans as he likes to call them, would have reason to celebrate. Meanwhile, they should just keep their fingers tightly crossed.
Willie Revillame Must Die Contact the author of the petition