Petition for the August 1st Calendar

/ #514

2011-03-01 07:48

I wonder why the school board members have insisted on their own agenda. I wonder why they gathered "votes" and opinions on an issue that 4 of them had already decided on and that was contrary to what the mass majority was in favor of - especially considering that they were going against a calendar that they put into effect for a three year period. I assume they have relationships with outside interests that are more concerned about their business success than the educational success of our students . I am especially disturbed by the fact that those board members do not have children or grandchildren that attend our Cobb County Schools. I think we deserve an explanation but know that we won't get one because there is no possible way to "spin" the decision they have made. I wonder also who will be repaying all of the people who have made non-refundable deposits on vacations that were planned based on a calendar that was previously approved. Lastly, how much money will the school district lose when a large portion of their students are absent for the previously granted breaks in the school year? I know that my children will be enjoying the family time that was arranged and paid for prior to this farce of a vote by the school board. I only hate that this will negatively impact my children and my children's teachers.