Saving CYTO

Lizi Bartram

/ #110 CYTO

2011-03-16 23:16

Cyto has be a massive part of so many peoples lives, i have been a member form the age of 12 and 8 years on i am still there! there is a reason for this! it is a place where young people go, not only to learn and grow new skill but a place where they go to feel safe, to have a home, friends and tutors they trust and love, to be around people they know will be there and support them through any trouble they are having. a warm, beautiful place full of inspiring people who care, care about the arts, freedom, giving young people a voice, but most of all people who care about the youth, and there are very little places like this now-why take it away?
if you have something in life that makes 100s of young people happy, accepted, feel like that can do anything they want in life and choose the right path, something that gives young and old people hope, passion, joy, love, laughter and life, is it not something that we as a community should celebrate and praise, something that we should strive to promote and improve more and more every year? instead you try and shut us down, or push us so far away from what cyto is and stands for that it is impossible for us to stay open, it is so wrong and saddens me deeply.
cyto has helped the youth of croydon more than anyone who isnt or hasnt been a member or tutor could ever understand, it has enabled the youth to have belief that no matter how hard life gets or whatever crap gets thrown at you, there are always people there to help, there is always hope, and this is at cyto. cyto has taken the youth on tour, to different countries, and if it wasnt for cyto so many of its members would have never been on holiday, on a plane or even seen the sea, hard to believe? well thats just a glimps of the beauty that you will be shutting down.

i am so passionate about cyto as it has done all the above and more for me, if it wasnt for cyto i wouldnt have finnished all my education and have a very bright and successful future ahead of me, and i could never fully put down in words how i feel about this wonderful place and what a disaster it would ne if Croydon Council where to change it or shut it down.
i can only hope that this and all our messages get through to some one in the council who has a brain and a heart, some one who understands and can see the rare good there is in croydon, some one who can see what a dimond CYTO really is.