Say no to stalybridge mosque

/ #529 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-12 20:12

#512: - Re: Re:  I gave a reasoned argument for the justified objections to the mosque based on facts highlighting the problems with Islam in the UK. You have not countered any of those points. I also clearly stated, by referencing New Zealand law, that I have no problem with 'stunned' Halal. There is NO requirement for Islamic slaughtermen in the UK to pre-stun animals, there IS for British slaughtermen who would bew prosecuted if caught doing so. This is a divisive, totally unfair and dangerous precept, i.e. having separate laws for different cultures in the same country. YOU need to accept that because someone says they are offended by something does not mean they are automatically correct and in the right. They may have other motovations. Each case, WHATEVER an offensive remark is based on, should be judged on its merits. Criminalising people for a single offhand remark because it has what are regarded as currently offensive trendy connotations is fascistic, disproportionate state interference. The police should not be TOLD by the government what type of offences to prioritise, it should be left to the balanced judgement of individual forces and officers. If Aussie isn't offensive then neither is Paki, unless either are used with obvious offensive intent. Something having racial connotations isn't necessarily offensive or 'racist'. No-one TELLS me what words I can and can't use. the context in which ANY word is used is what matters. I've never condmned the whole of Islam but I don't like many of its precepts and tenets, its regressive nature, its general treatment of women, its expansionist nature in the UK demonstrated by its exponential population growth over the last few decades, between 2004 - 2008 the Islamic population of the UK grew ten times faster than any other group, its deliberate refusal to meaningfully assimilate or integrate. That's not including the vast problem of Muslim (mainly of Pakistani descent) organised gangs of young men deliberately racially targeting young White female children for sexual exploitation. Something the police wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole until the problem got so out of control they were FORCED to act, referenced by the constant stream of cases in the media in the last few years. The IRA's terrorism wasn't on a global scale and they WERE roundly condemned by every right thinking person, as Muslims are now for UK terror incidents or the endless stream of plots foiled by the security services.