xpresslink

/ #101

2011-05-30 14:55

7adys newspaper na ang expresslink,,makapal talaga agn mga mukha ng mga pinoy na to
May 28, 2011, 13:37

Fury as gifts go missing
Sunday 15 May, 2011

A housemaid who spent a year’s savings on Christmas gifts for her family that never arrived is among dozens of people who claim to have been scammed by a shipping company.

Filipina Glenndy Delosreyes is one of at least 50 customers who have lodged complaints against Xpress Link after their belongings were picked up but never delivered to their destination.

Delosreyes sent a carton packed with festive goodies for her expectant family back home in Mindanao in November.
Six months later, her relatives are still waiting.

The 28-year-old domestic worker told 7DAYS: “I am so upset. Every day, they are waiting, hoping it will arrive. I saved up all my money to buy them presents and groceries for Chris­tmas and nothing arrived. Xpress Link won’t tell me anything. It was
supposed to arrive in a maximum of 45 days. I don’t think it’s fair.”

The firm, which was based in Karama and now operates from an office in Al Ain, is being investigated by both Dubai and Abu Dhabi economic development departments. The two departments, which are responsible for upholding consumer rights, have acknowledged the written complaints from customers.

7DAYS has seen proof of receipts and customer contracts where Xpress Link has guaranteed to deliver cargo by a specific date but the goods have not arrived at their destination.

Victims claim they have been told by officials in the Philippines that the firm has failed to pay fees to the forwarding companies on arrival, which means the cargo could not be delivered.

7DAYS approached Xpress Link but the management refused to comment on where the missing boxes are, when the matter will be resolved and whether clients will be offered compensation.

A company spokesman said: “The cargo all arrived in the Philippines.

There are matters to settle between the forwarder and Xpress Link. It might be delayed but it will be delivered.”

nichola.jones@7days.ae