Keep Original NISD Proposed Boundaries for Ellison Elementary

/ #15 Wow

2013-12-13 17:25

It's quite shocking reading these comments. I want to believe y'all actually care about these kids, but your words say differently. Do you realize this is all PUBLIC? No, you are not in your home where you can spew your ignorance to people who don't tell you no. No, you are not on Facebook where everyone "likes" your comments because they are your friends. I will tell you no. No, it's not okay to look at people as less than human beings. No, it's not okay to be ugly. No, it's not okay to cry about something because you didn't know you "should be vocal". I guess it's hard when you just *assume* things will fall into place because *you* want it. You may want to read some autobiographies of some Civil Rights leaders. They could teach you a thing or two about being vocal.

"Silent Majority" = Lazy majority who thought they didn't need to act if they wanted to change
"Apartment Kids" = term is used as a derogatory ....why exactly? I would be afraid to show my ignorance if I used this term but this group is loud and proud. Looks like $ can't buy class.
"Vocal minority"= the only people who did any work. (An Aesop tale comes to mind, the grasshopper and the ant?)
"Crazy moms allowed on campus"= what?!? So now in your mind, the teacher allowed moms to come and teach a lesson on the boundaries to sway your childs.....vote?!

For the record, I believe the school board did this with the best of intentions, came to the conclusion after listening to the constituents present that night and petitions, and finally did what was best for ALL students.

Y'all need help.

And Jesus.