STOP TRASHING OUR BUFFALO CITY METRO

Disillusioned

/ #223 STOP TRASHING OUR CITY

2014-02-13 09:06

I work in Cambridge Street and have been deeply saddend and disappointed by the behaviour of the Municipal workers. A 14th cheque is earned, not demanded. What have they done to earn a 14th cheque? Our city looks terrible at the best of times, not to mention now. They are not worried about loss of income because WHEN they do eventually clean up, they will earn overtime so will make up the loss of income while they were on strike! Their behaviour last week was a total disgrace.  We had to endure the firing of stun grenades, move our vehicles so they werent damaged by passers by and even suffered the side effects of the tear gas that came into our building, not to mention the traffic jams caused by the strike.  To make matters worse we witnessed them being brought to the strike on the back of municipal trucks!!! The trucks were parked in Station Street all day and then used to go home afterwards. I even took pics cause this kind of abuse completely blows my mind. WE ARE NOWHERE NEAR BEING A METROLPOLITAN!