FLINTSHIRE COUNCIL ATTACKS WELSH-MEDIUM TEACHING.

Aitch

/ #33 SAVE YOUR IDENTITY AND SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILDREN’S FUTURE.

2011-07-14 18:28

I am the (English) father of 3 children whose first language is Welsh thanks to their fabulous education at Ysgol Gymraeg Terrig, in Treuddyn. I believe it is essential that Ysgol Gymraeg Terrig and all other Welsh-medium schools in the county of Flintshire maintain their unique and very special Welsh identity. It must not be diluted by forced federation or amalgamation with English schools. Flintshire County Council show a total lack of respect and, worse, a failure to understand what it means to be Welsh and educated through the medium of Welsh.
As stated, I am an Englishman living in your country and it a pleasure to see the passion the Welsh people have about their culture, history and heritage. Sadly, it’s my opinion that the England I grew up in has lost its national identity and I firmly believe that this should not be allowed to happen in Wales.
After attending several meetings with Flintshire County Council officials regarding this matter of Federation or Amalgamation, I am sad to say that I feel that we, as parents and governors, are being at best, mislead or, at worst, deceived.
I ask every parent to sign SYFFLAG’S petition, join other parents AT YOUR SCHOOLS, form a group and join or contact SYFFLAG and let’s stand together to stop this outrageous behaviour before it is too late.

SAVE YOUR IDENTITY AND SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILDREN’S FUTURE.