Save the Solstice Sunrise - Army Basing Plan for Larkhill

/ #279

2014-04-10 00:54

I am disgusted , it is bad enough we live in a village and are fighting a hideous new housing site in the field opposite us blocking the views of the beautiful woods but to do this near Stonehenge is disgraceful, how dare they ? because they do not want Pagans and the like freedom to do pilgrimages there, Pagans are being stifled everwhere..STILL , I am disabled and had hoped to take my grand daughter to see the henge some time in the next few years, it has been a dream of mine for a very long time, I want to do it before I get too disabled and I do not want a view of developments, surely they can do this somewhere else, leave the sacred land alone, it is bad enough that most Pagan worship sites had churches built over them,I hope that as many Pagans and Wiccans and Druids can go there and do a ceremony to stop this sacrilege !!! I am disgusted in the UK and MOD right now, and lets face it, the MOD get to do what they want, why do they find Stonehenge so interesting ? why not build barracks in Vatican square, or houses inside St Pauls or go the whole hog and turn the pyramids into blocks of flats, you do not have to be Pagan to appreciate Stonehenge, it is history for all of us, for all sorts of people