S.O.S Doversgreen Playgroup

/ #13

2014-07-02 18:03

I am absolutely shocked and saddened at the at decision to close Dovers Green Playgroup, with it's friendly staff and age appropriate facilities I can not see how it is anything but detrimental to shut down this Playgroup that has been situated on Dover's Green School's site since the year 2000.

As a mother of five young children, I pride myself on my children having a great education and being punctual. My two eldest children attend Dovers Green School and are always two of the first in line at the start of the day. My daughter currently attends Dovers Green Playgroup and has been thriving since she first began attending. The location allows for all of my children to have the education they deserve. But now I am left with no other choice than to remove my daughter from education completely.

My daughter, who turns four in December, misses out on starting school this September - despite being academically and socially ready - so with all other local playgroups at full capacity after allocation in April, she is now forced to spend 9 months at home until she begins school full time in September 2015, without otherwise disrupting my sons' education to find somewhere further afield. With them having speech and language difficulties and the progress they are currently making at Dovers Green School, this is not an option.

How it can be seen positive in any situation to remove a child, let alone 40, from a successful, social and educational environment is beyond me. Not only are the staff facing losing their jobs, but many of these children are losing their right to an education. All at the cost of the building being outdated. It's barbaric.