Put back the names Greenfield Park and Saint-Hubert on our signs

/ #60

2015-07-20 00:00

I believe that Greenfield Park has a proud history that involves every citizen, regardless of their language or culture. It was Greenfield Park, not Longueuil, that had the greatest number of recruits in relation to the town's total population than any other Canadian community during both World Wars, a fact noted and commended by Prime Minister MacKenzie King and Defense Minister Ralston. My father and four of his brothers were members of the Armed Forces, and my father, along with three of his brothers, saw active duty and proudly served Canada, and their home town of Greenfield Park. Many other citizens of Greenfield Park have proudly represented our town in a number of professions, as well as in sport, the arts and entertainment. Every one of us want to be identified with our wonderful home town, and we would like visitors to know and recognize on sight that the town which we are so proud to call our home is Greenfield Park. I respectfully ask those in authority to restore the signage that identifies our home as Greenfield Park. Thank you/Merci.