Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #5470

2011-12-20 14:13

http://www.hansadutta.com/ART_WSP/shelter041108.html
Prediction of World War III

excerpt from conversation with disciples, Mayapur, April 4, 1975

PRABHUPADA: Your country, America, is very much eager to kill these Communists. And the Communists are also very eager. So very soon there will be war. And perhaps India will be the greatest sufferer.

TAMAL KRSNA: Greatest...?

DEVOTEES: Sufferer.

SRUTAKIRTI: Sufferer.

PRABHUPADA: Because America is aiming to start the war from India.

DEVOTEE: Oh!

PRABHUPADA: Yes. Because India and Russia, they are...

BRAHMANANDA: They are... Friendship.

PRABHUPADA: No. Side by side. If the war is started from India...

RUPANUGA: So India will become...

PRABHUPADA: And the Russians are ready here already, I have heard, with soldiers and... Not soldiers. I mean to say.

HANSADUTTA: Missiles.

PRABHUPADA: Yes. They are also vigilant.

VISNUJANA: Will that help our preaching, Prabhupäda?

PRABHUPADA: Preaching will be very nice after the war when both of them, especially Russia, will be finished.

RUPANUGA: They want to make India the battleground?

PARAMAHAMSA: Also, Prabhupada, Atreya Rsi said that the Arabs are preparing for the war. They're buying billions and billions of dollars worth of missiles and jets and tanks from America.

PRABHUPADA: Yes, so they are being prepared. War will soon start.

VISNUJANA: The Arab men all go to America to be trained in the armed forces there.

PRABHUPADA: Hm?

VISNUJANA: In all the armed forces centers in America, they train the Arab nations to fight.

PRABHUPADA: Oh.

VISNUJANA: They let the young men come into the U.S.A. to learn how to use the missiles and everything.

PANCADRAVIDA: Recently, this Bhutto of Pakistan, he was very happy because they were talking about lifting a ten-year holding on arms from the United States, and now, they say, Pakistan will soon get arms from America.

PRABHUPADA: Yes, they are getting. They are already getting. The Pakistan will start the war with India. And then everything will be...

DEVOTEES: Oh! Whew!

DEVOTEE: Pakistan will start a war... (devotees talking among themselves.)

PANCADRAVIDA: They have started the war maybe eight times.

PRABHUPADA: (Aside:) Hmm? No, we can go.

PANCADRAVIDA: What will the devotees do while the war is going on?

PRABHUPADA: Chant Hare Krishna.

DEVOTEES: Jaya! [laughter]

PRABHUPADA: You have got only business.

PANCADRAVIDA: Will we stay in the cities or will...?

PRABHUPADA: We can stay anywhere. We have got our Mayapur, Vrindavana. But the danger is the government will say that "All Americans go away." That is the danger. I am thinking of that position. What shall I do at that time?

PUSTA KRSNA: Take Indian citizenship?

PRABHUPADA: Eh?

PUSTA KRSNA: Indian citizenship?

PRABHUPADA: If you take, it is very nice. Then they will ask you to go to war. [laughter]

TAMAL KRSNA: Will this war spread to many different countries and continents?

PRABHUPADA: The actual war will be between America and Russia.

RUPANUGA: What about British devotees, British citizens? Would the British be asked to leave, British citizens? Commonwealth citizens?

PRABHUPADA: Britishers are now finished. They have no importance.

PANCADRAVIDA: He means if British devotees came to India, would they be asked to leave.

PRABHUPADA: No, no, I mean to say... I am speaking of politics. Devotees are the same... Oh, British citizens...? They may...

RUPANUGA: You say the Americans might have to leave. What about the British?

PRABHUPADA: But they, generally, during wartime...

VISNUJANA: Everyone.

PRABHUPADA: ...they ask all foreigners.

TAMAL KRSNA: Oh, I see.

JAYAPATAKA: During the last war, the Christian Mission of Krishnanagar, they had many Italian priests also, but the government gave them permission to stay, although India was at war with Italians.

PRABHUPADA: In the missionary consideration, they can do that.

JAYADVAITA: What will be the position with the Chinese if the Russians and Americans fight?

PRABHUPADA: Well I am not a politician. [laughter] China does not war, not want war. They want to...

TAMAL KRSNA: Develop.

PRABHUPADA: Construct.

RUPANUGA: They're not ready.

PRABHUPADA: Yes. They are not very much interested in war.

PARAMAHAMSA: Srila Prabhupada, you said that this war will destroy the demonic civilization.

PRABHUPADA: Yes.

PARAMAHAMSA: Does that mean that it'll destroy all the cities and all the industries?

PRABHUPADA: War means destruction of all cities. That is natural. You have got experience in Europe so many times.

HANSADUTTA: Cities and industries.

HANSADUTTA: Cities and industries.

PRABHUPADA: Yes, that is the main target.

HANSADUTTA: Nobody's interested in a farm. [break]

JAYADVAITA: Without separate endeavor, pure devotees are automatically expert in politics, economics, everything.

JAYADVAITA: Without separate endeavor, a pure devotee is automatically expert in everything.

JAYADVAITA: Politics, economics.

JAYADVAITA: Sociology.

PRABHUPADA: Yasmin vijñate sarvam evam vijñatam bhavanti. If you know Krishna, then you understand everything. That is the Vedic injunction. Yasmin vijñate. If you simply understand Krishna... In Bhagavad-gita, it is also said that "There will be no more anything to understand." In the Ninth Chapter? What is that verse? Can anyone say?

JAYADVAITA: The Fifteenth Chapter.

PRABHUPADA: Avashishyate. Jñatavyam avashishyate. You cannot...?

SANTOSA: Yaj jñatva...

PRABHUPADA: ...cannot recite, the whole verse?

SANTOSA: Yaj jñatva neha bhuyo 'nyaj.

PRABHUPADA: That is the second line. First line?

SANTOSA: Sa evam guhyatamam vakshyamy asheshatah.

PRABHUPADA: Vakshyamy... Yes, that is the verse. Yaj jñatva anyaj jñatavyam na avashishyate. Krishna consciousness is such a great science that if one becomes expert, then he knows everything.

HANSADUTTA: So Prabhupada, is there something we should do to prepare ourselves for this disaster?

PRABHUPADA: What?

HANSADUTTA: This coming war.

PRABHUPADA: You should simply prepare for chanting Hare Krishna.

HANSADUTTA: That's all?

PRABHUPADA: That's all.