Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

/ #42 Reality Check

2012-01-12 03:23

Taxes? Cobb county has a tax exemption for citizens 62 and the portion of the tax bill that is exempt is "surprise" the portion that goes to education. Why? Is it because once you turn 62 you stop contributing to your community? Good schools are a driver when people buy houses and if you don't contribute then you can't complain about the neighbors you get. So are we raising the next generation of coddled kids? What happens when they go to college, will Johnny be able to handle a school year with out as many breaks? Then when Johnny get's into the real world and is offered a job with only one weeks vacation is he gonna say "no I'm used to having more time off then that". There were some post's that neede to be able to schedule vacations, REALLY!? Maybe that is why Georgia is at the bottom for national ranking of it's education system. The balanced calendar should be called the distraction calander because that is what the kids focus on, that next break. It breaks any momentum the kids have and if there are no activities planned (due to working parents)then they are bored. Kids belong in school, teachers belong at work (but the unions make sure they don't have to be). If I ask my employer to give me a couple extra weeks off so I can "reenergize", can you guess his reply?