Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!!

Author

/ #134 To the nu107 haters

2010-10-28 09:48

You cannot please everyone. And having as many nu107 haters is just as normal as having many nu107 loyalists.

I have seen the many changes in its format since the early 90s. When someone says their current format sucks, well, all I can say is, what if you were in the management's shoes? Making the segues appeal to the a audience but at the same time balance the liking of the rock audience is one difficult task.

To name a few non-rock artists that NU brought up from obscurity to the surface: AMY WINEHOUSE, OUTKAST (before Rainier Castillo did those silly dance grooves on starstruck), EMINEM (My Name is), THE CARDIGANS (Love Fool), but NU also did a fine job of exposing true talent from the underground both locally and from the foreign scene. URBANDUB, PAROKYA NI EDGAR, WOLFGANG, RAZORBACK, CHEESE, GREYHOUNDZ, SLAPSHOCK, couldn't have made it huge if not for NU. And from foreign soil, you have a myriad of artists that were virtually unknown that they made popular like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, then later on Limp Bizkit (way back when they weren't famous), Korn, then much later the new breed of "pop punk" (what a term).

Broad and prolific as it is, NU was the hero of balanced "rock programming" in my opinion. If you have a thirst for new sounds but still want to stick to your roots rock, NU is the station for you.

Damn I don't wanna see NU playing Justin Bieber soon.