Demand testing for Plutonium dust at Rocky Flats

/ #31

2012-03-30 05:07

I worked at NCAR with Dr. Edward Martell and Stuart Port. The project was the radon daughter project. I tried to get air and water samples from people who lived off of 93 back in 1979, and they did not want to know the level of radioactivity they were being exposed to. Please look to his research for support for low level alpha radiation induced mutations and chronic health effects. The standards are not necessarily what is safe when looking at long term chronic effects. There are even higher and more widespread health risks than is being talked about here in this article. Martell specifically addresses air borne particles. The amounts that you are talking about being stirred up would pose both immediate and long term risks. It seems to me, that the entire effected area needs to be dug up and separated into smaller masses and entombed, using similar methodology to disassembly of nuclear power plants The birds will be spreading the insoluble as well as soluble particles, as a simple example of the difficulty of containment of contaminated above ground particles. The irony of calling this a National Wildlife Preserve can be changed into a truth with conscious focused effort.