Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

Tami Gallagher

#1 Balanced school year calendar

2011-02-18 17:34

I find it deplorable that our elected officials take a survey of the community then go directly against the wishes of the people who put them in office to serve that community. RECALL!

Replies

Upholding Democracy

#17 Re: Balanced school year calendar

2011-02-19 03:32:34

#1: Tami Gallagher - Balanced school year calendar 

Guess we were the monkeys who filled out the survey.  The survey was simply a means to appease the masses...it was obvious the Boardmembers chose to ignore the voice of their constituents!

#171 Re: Balanced school year calendar

2011-02-20 05:35:19

I do not understand why the voters of this petition want an 8/1 start date.  There are so many reasons not to have this early date.  In fact, I would recommend a start date after labor day.  This is better all around.  Let's not have all of the silly breaks throughout the year and allow our kids and our families to have an enjoyable summer break!

#202 Re: Balanced school year calendar

2011-02-20 22:01:51

#261 Re: Balanced school year calendar

2011-02-22 03:34:53

Keep in mind that it was only one school board member who suggested and set up the the unscientific survey.  The four board members that voted yes for the later start date, were voting what they promised the voters.

#264 TAXPAYERS ONLY

2011-02-22 03:53:17

If you don't pay taxes in Cobb, you don't have a voice in this.  Sorry teachers that choose to pay taxes elsewhere and educate your kids in OUR County!  It will all work out once the State cuts the education funding AGAIN.   You will get more unpaid days as a result, regardless of the calendar issue.

Merril

#279 Re: Balanced school year calendar

2011-02-22 04:52:32

I find it disgusting too! The voters have been ignored two times in a row regarding the calendar. I support the balanced calendar, but a lot of people did not when it was implemented.

#631 Re: Balanced school year calendar

2011-03-03 16:51:37

It's just like differentiation.  If you do use the information that you gather then your reason for doing it is pointless.  However, this was expected.  The big guy always pretends like your opinion matters and does what he wants to anyway!!! GTFOH!