Save Knotty Ash Nursery from closure

Quoted post

lisa farrell

#2 knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-21 22:30

my daughter maddie attended knotty ash childrens centre and nursery from march 09 till nov 2010...maddie started there a very reclused complex little girl in her own world after suffering brain injury during birth and left an extremely head strong,delightful communicative big girl...all thanx to the fantastic staff who cared for her and nurtured her during her time at knotty ash. The staff where an amazing support to maddie and to myself and my family,on those many a day when i felt overwhealmed there was always someone there who would notice and give up time to make sure i was ok before i left, i could laugh and cry with them and they would make things seem so much better as i knew Maddie was so happy there.
i attended so many courses there to help me prepare for maddies future,i gathered so much information and strength from these courses and the invaluable people who ran them and attended them...i learnt confidence in my ability to parent maddie to able her to reach her full potential and not get lost in all the 'medical stuff',i made lasting friendships which give me much needed support. Maddie also enjoyed fantastic opportunities doin music with
the liverpool philarmonic,learning baby sign as an early form of communication we would never have had with her...all in all what i am trying to say is that knotty ash childrens centre and nursery enriched our lives and we shall be forever greatful to the supportive,caring staff that work extremely hard top make sure our kids are happy and well cared for as well as lookin after us parents for all the fun stuff just as much as all the much harder stuff you face as a parent of a child with special needs...to take this service and this staff away...well there is no justification...live a week in our lives and see how long you last!!! shame on you,you have broken our hearts...

Replies

Jackie Partington

#3 Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-21 23:00:29

#2: lisa farrell - knotty ash childrens centre nursery

Hi Lisa, This is lovely what you have written. Maddie is a lovely little girl and it was our pleasure to have her in our nursery.

We gave letters out today to the parents with an email address on for the council, for them to air their views. If you dont mind would you send what you have written to : budget@liverpool.gov.uk

Hope you are well and we much appreciate your support.

Love Jackie x

Guest Sharon murray

#13 Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-22 16:50:40

#35 Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-23 22:22:46

#2: lisa farrell - knotty ash childrens centre nursery

There is a small protest in the planning on Monday morning at 8:30/9:00am outside the Dovecot MAC - just trying to get the media along. Need to get people who pass it every day aware of what's going on. Protest about all council cuts outside town hall on march 2nd at 4pm